Petes guillows balsa F-15 eagle

• 2 weeks later...

A Guillows balsa kit! I haven't seen one of these in decades. My past experience did not end well, I tried to build an F6F Hellcat as an 11 year old. Needless to say  it made good though, brief kindling. You're a better man than I Gunga Din. But I shall cheer you on every step of the way. So far it looks great! Keep it up.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

23 hours ago, LorenSharp said:

A Guillows balsa kit! I haven't seen one of these in decades. My past experience did not end well, I tried to build an F6F Hellcat as an 11 year old. Needless to say  it made good though, brief kindling. You're a better man than I Gunga Din. But I shall cheer you on every step of the way. So far it looks great! Keep it up.

I had similar results with a Guillows BF-109 around age 13.  It burnt magnificently! and then so did the curtains! 

• Haha 4
  • Confused 1

5 hours ago, SoftScience said:

I had similar results with a Guillows BF-109 around age 13.  It burnt magnificently! and then so did the curtains! 

You are aware you're supposed to do that kind of thing outside in the dumpster or alleyway ? 😉

Edited by Corsairfoxfouruncle

I've see these for sale but have never seen one built.

Looks amazing what you have done so far. I reckon with careful work, as in panel by panel you could skin her in 5 thou plastic sheet! Now that would be epic.

As it is this is a must follow build, good luck with her.  :popcorn:

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Well that makes two of us, I liked to do that kind if thing and would do it near my fort out in the woods. 

I lived in the middle of Chicago, there were no woods. If I did it in the yard, the neighbors would rat me out, so i'd do it in the basement or the bathtub. Then one day the drain got plugged up with burnt paper and when my father was snaking it clear....whoa boy! There were words!

Anyways, back to balsa eagles :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 2