Airfix SS France

Hello all,

I know some folks have been after this kit (Airfix 1/600 SS France) for some time. Well, I have just been on KingKit's website and they have one on offer for £99.99 if anyone is interested.

I did think about it but...

Ray

• Haha 1

£100 for a good one is about right. The box would need to be very good. That's pretty important for a collector and equally important for a builder as a good box on it's own could fetch around £30. The different issues are all very sought after, the box art is consistently outstanding.

It's a rare kit. It took me over ten years to piece together a good collector example by buying part done kits, separate boxes, built models  etc. It probably cost me £100 by the time I was done. I ended up with a pretty good collector kit plus a couple of builders. It took a long time though. 

Building one is proving to be a long winded process as well. I got about half way through a build before it stalled and returned to the loft. I can see it taking me fifteen years or more to get to my goal of having a good boxed example with a nicely built one alongside!

IMG-4948.jpg

IMG-4973.jpg

There's an incomplete saga of the attempted build here:

• Like 4