Airbus A-321 Aeroflot (Zvezda 1/144)

Hello, it's me again 😃

So, finally I've finished with my last model of Airbus A-320 series, and with "parade" of 320's models as well.

The main stages of the work you can find in WIP.

And I want to tell a few words about the kit first. It was purchased about 1,5 years ago, that time there was no 320NEO in Zvezda catalogue, and this kit was named usual "Airbus A-321" (now it's named A-321 CEO and there is nice TAP-Portugal decal-sheet included). But that time it was provided with standard Airbus home livery out-of-box.

So that time I had an idea to built the kit in Metrojet EI-ETJ livery in memory of that poor souls who were killed over Sinai in terrorist attack in 2015. But later I've refused from that idea, and kit was stored for all that time in reserve. Also I've "stolen" some parts to replace that I've lost during another 320's building. 

And now it's time has come! 

I've chosen Aeroflot livery as some challenge for myself: I've never done such difficult borders of colours on my models. Also, I work with Aeroflot every working day, I was their passenger for many times, but still I have no Aeroflot model on the shelve? Shame on me! 😁

So I think there is no need to tell about Zvezda kit - it's really high qulity product, as any other Zvezda civil liners. I've used only a few putty, to remove the slot between wings and fuselage.

I think there is no need to tell here about painting progress in details. All that I've described in WIP topic. Only I will tell that most colours were Master-Acrylic and Mr.Hobby. The main gray-metallic was mixed from white and black MR. Hobby plus some MAKR aluminium. IMHO the result is not so far from prototype.

BTW the prototype of the plane served in Aeroflot till 2018. Then it was transferred to Canadian Air Transat airlines. There it got a new livery and sucessfully flies till today. 

During the period it was in Aeroflot, it had VQ-BEI reg. number and personal name S. Korolev. And here I've to tell a few words about decals. I've purchased PAS-decals sheet. There were 6 variants of bording numbers but no one stencil for personal aiprlane's name. Really strange and upset fact. So I've used another one name-stencil from reserve out-of box sheet for A-320. So mu model now named Sofya Kovalevskaya. Let it be this way, BTW there are only 3 or 4 of Aeroflot planes that named in tribute of famous women, and Kovalevskaya is one of them.

In conclusion I want to tell that it was another one interesting built. Though I see a lot of small disadvantages in the finished model, but anyway I like it and satisfied with the result.

I'm really interested in your opinion about Aeroflot gray colour, whether it looks realistic or no. So criticism and comments are warmly welcome, as usual.

Respects, tMikha.

y4ma1tbShrNkMEHXjwYzsVGq6LETYCQ_YWEsbLD7

y4mVQ0diL3MrrpLZeI_R95cjvbPhfcUIs6f_caaU

y4mk5DoE1bNUcf3UE5PoBa3BCt-50C4ff6o_SG0f

y4mo8uOgZuPRYqO4lb_xTSHC_C5tRcYra8htjp1_

y4mj4bPwCzRn3QuHecKA9_3CPXwGAg8uUiXbDHj5

y4mBO93hdEfmFqJspfTOkiobR1l58Td9VZcx1Geg

y4mnzrv31PJvkqs7naY2LIKpM0O1lPy7nl35xRiy

y4mlc4lPU0vFpxbfq5J11OYBGQYnlnblIvekn1x_

y4mMk8KDu5c6f30umt4StO_QktrQk70JIwILJrAk

y4mix_wl35Oc9dFrVYwHSwyuSuARsrPJ2PtgjnTI

y4mVqLoebFvomd-QYpwXGF2R6ZVag3Ka2MTuOvA1

y4mCKot3zLVxsrhIlF-bDiRHzSC_T_L1L-a5Iq7l

y4mlljg9rMrGd2B1u5EQEQkiGeaF0VI2Wm6s-Z-G

y4mzKG9T4zpb2_GRbrCRPVyD94VMEVWZkm3vp1iR

PS and one photo of my 320's finished collection on the shelve in concluding. 

y4mvE3wcJgfnzJ-5nAA5LFguNqNzgGIHlKqPbjUS

Edited by tMikha
  • Like 33

Another very fine model.

The A321 looks great in Aeroflot colors.

The 2. picture looks like the real thing taking off...

Top work.

I saw the TAP A321 in the new Zvezda catalogue,but due to the well known reasons unfortunately,I have little hope to add this to my collection😳

Thanks for sharing

Alex

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Alex1978 said:

Another very fine model.

The A321 looks great in Aeroflot colors.

The 2. picture looks like the real thing taking off...

Top work.

I saw the TAP A321 in the new Zvezda catalogue,but due to the well known reasons unfortunately,I have little hope to add this to my collection😳

Thanks for sharing

Alex

Thank you for kind comment!

• Like 1

And I've to make one little correction: earlier I've said that now this kit is produced with TAP-Portugal livery. It's not correct. 321CEO is produced with Condor livery, and TAP is in box with 321NEO. 

2 hours ago, TheyJammedKenny! said:

Stunningly good!  Thanks for sharing this with us.  The Preiser figures (I assume?) look great on the flight line, and the photos taken under cloudy skies make the thing come to life.  Great job!

Thank you for kind comments! 

The figures are from Arma-models. It's one of the biggest scale modelling shops in the city and also they produce some own resin add-ons and models.

And about the nature photos - first when I was going to the park for taking photos it was cloudy day, and I was a bit upset. Usually I've taken photos in sunny day under blue bright sky maybe with only light clouds. But really when I finished with photos and moved them to laptop, I've discovered that model looks may be even better and more distinctly. 

Once more thank's for feedback! 

Edited by tMikha
  • Like 1