SS-C-3 Styx or Rubesh

modelldoc

After a very long time for  waiting,

at first PST had announced the kit, than modellcollect and fortunately now Hobbyboss had it.

It's in my stash now.

One example was transfer to the UK after the wall came down and the East German Army was dissolve.

There are anywhere pictures or more about this example?

modelldoc

I found that same picture earlier and another couple of camouflaged vehicles that looked to be in similar terrain.  That looks to me like the RAF instrumented air to ground weapons range at Spadeadam in Cumbria.  They have a whole host of Soviet-era vehicles and weapons and use electronic systems to simulate their electronic signatures and  conduct simulated engagements.  No actual ordnance, live or inert.

I imagine the vehicle would originally have gone to one of the MOD experimental establishments to be dissected and tested and gone into the range once that had finished.  It is an old system although still dangerous to targets without effective sensors, CIWS and decoys.

The range is about 9,000 acres but there are authorised footpaths across it on non-operating days.

• Thanks 1

Thanks for these information. When I checked with the other pictures from flickr I think you are right.

Only the missile trailer, a Ural truck is different from the East German version, they used the bigger Kraz trucks.

More information are welcome

modelldoc