1/48 F-86F-40 Sabre

Hi All

Just finished building Airfix's 1/48 F-86F-40 in the JASDF scheme. In all my years of modelling this was my first natural metal scheme so it could have possibly turned out a bit better but I am happy with it.

F-86F1

F-86F2

F-86F4

F-86F5

F-86F6

With the last photo I tried to get a shot of the detail in the cockpit, as the Eduard Zoom set really dresses it up well but, as usual distortion from the canopy prevents a good shot. I could have displayed it with the canopy open but I preferred the look of it closed

Regards

Mick

• Like 48

Thanks Stephen and Bryan.

Bryan I also had a bit of a problem in the same area. I solved it running some revell contacta professional glue along the seams and then finishing off with vallejo's plastic putty.

Mick

• Like 1

A beautiful Sabre in a neat finish. Well done.

The best way to hide a well detailed cockpit is to close the canopy 🙂

The new Airfix F-86 rides quite high on my shopping list. Any troubles during the build ?

• Like 1

Thanks Bernd and Lolo

Bernd there wasn't really any trouble. I needed to sand the seams more than I usually did the two halves didn't line up perfectly and left a small step but it might just have been me. I repositioned the pylons and tanks closer towards the fuselage after  reading a review.

Lolo I was happy with aluminium finish in the end.

Mick

• Like 1

Very nice Sabre Mick. I've built a few 1/72 Sabres from various manufacturers including Airfix, but I must give their 1/48 F-86 a try sometime. 

Terry

• Like 1