Tiger 1, 201 from 301st schwere panzer abteilung- 1/35- Tamiya.

Hi all, 

This is my 1/35 tamiya Tiger 1, depicted as 201 from the 301 FKL : It features in my diorama "Liebe Deinen Nachsten"  Here's a link if interested in the rest if the dio: 

Its very heavy on the battles scars and weathering but wanted to have fun with it and ends up a wreck in two month from depicted, (so trying to show a bit of foreshadowing of its fate.)

6d5d2916e029e1ea91fca66531a125f2.jpg

https://www.worldwarphotos.info/gallery/germany/tanks-2-3/tiger-tank/tiger-tank-number-322-2/

Hope you like and massive thanks to all on the super thread for your advice and help. Its all brush painted with Vallejo acrylics, homemade mud and castle arts oil paints.

P1020748

I know the 201 decal is too small but all I had and I hand painted the rhimboid 301 insignia.

P1020747

P1020745 P1020744 P1020743 P1020742 P1020741

Tarp on the side (grey one) is too thick and made from milliput. In future I'll use a baby wipe set in paint and PVA.

Thanks all.

Paul

Edited by Muchmirth
Typo
  • Like 17

Well you did a lovely job on this ..... i do have to point out one thing however........ hope you don't mind.........in the black and white pic the Tiger is a steel wheel late model, that said this modelmaking malarkey is as much about artistic licence as anything, and definitely doesn't detract from the great job you have done on your build.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, M3talpig said:

Well you did a lovely job on this ..... i do have to point out one thing however........ hope you don't mind.........in the black and white pic the Tiger is a steel wheel late model, that said this modelmaking malarkey is as much about artistic licence as anything, and definitely doesn't detract from the great job you have done on your build.

No worries Steve, actually thanks for pointing it out. I can’t change it and I didn’t know they were different. But it is good to know the bad things or things which didn’t quite work, to know for future. You guys are sound on here.  I’ve been bitten by the tiger bug and have plans to do an early, late and king!!! (Obviously way way in the future).

Edited by Muchmirth
Corrected comment
  • Like 1

• Muchmirth changed the title to Tiger 1, 201 from 301st schwere panzer abteilung- 1/35- Tamiya.

A great Tiger, which has seen too much combat in its time. The fate of most Tiger crews was a very unhappy one, as their mount was the most highly-prized target for Allied ground-attack pilots. I remember seeing a photo of a very proud-looking P-47 pilot standing next his knocked-out "Tiger" - the only problem was, it was actually the wreck of a Panther in the image.  

Thanks for sharing with us. 

Chris. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hi Muchmirth,

A nice Tiger, seeing it makes me want to make one, which I think would be the 3rd in my list of constructions, the venerable Tamiya and one from Italeri much later, which I no longer have, but which served to experiment...

Cheers and TC

👍Francis.

• Thanks 1