Matchbox 1/72 DHC-6 Twin Otter

Ah yes, that is lovely! I have all the AM bits and bobs from Aerocraft also, and the Caracal sheet. This is the very aircraft I wish to do from the sheet (or possibly the red Canadian example, although your brilliant work is definitely moving me more in the direction of this British aircraft).

Regards,

Jason

• Thanks 1

That was a fabulous result @Natter on a wonderful aircraft. The cockpit replacement is well worth the effort, and you did a better job than I did on mine, Your choice of scheme, and the overall finish is an inspiration!

All the best, Ray

• Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, Learstang said:

definitely moving me more in the direction of this British aircraft

If you do, check reference on t'internet carefully. The black on the upper engine cowlings shouldn't go right to the back of the wing; the flaps should be red between the two stripes too. My error, which I only found after I had sprayed the second coat of gloss over the decals, and I wasn't risking ruining the rest of the finish to try and put it right so will live with it.

• Thanks 1

Beautiful rendition of the Twotter, and very creative making it an antarctic transport aircraft with the skids for landing on ice. Regardless of how difficult the work was on it, it was well worth the effort. Great looking plane!

• Thanks 1

Thats just gorgeous Dave and one heck of a beautifully finished Matchbox Twotter you’ve built there. I’m also happy to be this post’s 75th ‘like’, which adds that cool green ‘Popular Post’ border around this amazingly good build.

Cheers and well modelled.. Dave  

• Thanks 1

Very nice, I served in a Twin Otter squadron in the CAF. Great aircraft, and yes, the gear is hydraulically controlled. We buckled the skis on a rough landing in the Arctic and tore all the rigging on the main gear. We landed back at our station on the gravel strip with the skis down. Both landings were very rough.

• Thanks 1

A very nice finish there. I saw VP-FAZ at Duxford last year and immediately wanted to model it. So far I've been struggling to get the red to my satisfaction...

I was at Duxford again yesterday and this time VP-FBL was there.

Great stuff :)

Mike 

• Thanks 1

That is just beautiful. I've got that kit but never started it because of the windshield issue. You've really worked wonders there. And that paint scheme is stunning. Perfection!

I used to put fuel in Golden West T-Otters at Santa Barbara airport in the 70s and you've inspired me to build mine. Thank you for your post!

-Jeff

• Thanks 1

Nice build, nice colour.
I just received my twin otter from Amazon. I want to build one with the Royal Nepal Airlines landing in Lukla. Went to Lukla more than 20 years ago and that flight into and out of Lukla was unforgettable.

Is there any decal for this plane?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cklasse said:

Nice build, nice colour.
I just received my twin otter from Amazon. I want to build one with the Royal Nepal Airlines landing in Lukla. Went to Lukla more than 20 years ago and that flight into and out of Lukla was unforgettable.

Is there any decal for this plane?

Hello @Cklasse, yes there is! Or at least, there was. Paul@Parkes682Decals did a set, he did one with Nepal Airlines and another with Royal Nepal Airlines, and also Yeti Airlines. Hopefully he is still in business, he has a 'Manufacturer's Page' on Britmodeller:

https://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/forum/131-parkes682decals/

I hope that helps.

I have been lucky enough to go into and out of Lukla twice, once with bare dirt as the runway, and once with a bit of tarmac. Stunning, and what a view when you get off the plane there.

Ray

PS I have sent you a PM

Edited by Ray S
Tidy the post
  • Like 1