Iwata Neo nozzle keep snapping

wavodavo

Hello,

I keep having a problem with my Iwata Neo. I have just just had my second nozzle snap on me whilst cleaning the airbrush. It says you that you don't need to take the nozzle out when cleaning but I have to remove it after varnishing as, even though I clean straight afterwards, the varnish seems to stay in the nozzle. It only snaps when I put it back in but is not cross threaded and I'm not over tightening. It does seem tight to screw back in though.

Anyone else have this problem or have a solution?

Dave

You might invest in one of these:

https://www.graphicair.co.uk/product/iwata-nozzle-wrench/

Most of the people I’ve seen talking about cleaning the Iwatas with small nozzles (not the much larger press fit one  for the Eclipse) say don’t use the freebie spanner-like one you get in the set, get the one above…

best,

M.

• Like 1

On 7/16/2022 at 6:05 PM, wavodavo said:

Hello,

I keep having a problem with my Iwata Neo. I have just just had my second nozzle snap on me whilst cleaning the airbrush. It says you that you don't need to take the nozzle out when cleaning but I have to remove it after varnishing as, even though I clean straight afterwards, the varnish seems to stay in the nozzle. It only snaps when I put it back in but is not cross threaded and I'm not over tightening. It does seem tight to screw back in though.

Anyone else have this problem or have a solution?

Dave

If it's the CN/BCN,  I found the nozzles delicate and not cheap to replace.   I would get the broken bit out by  getting some cleaner in the front of the brush to soften up the dried paint, then use a cocktail stick in the middle of the loosened nozzle  to remove it.    

For a good introductory brush, I would look at Iwata's    sister company Sparmax, they have a good range of brushes around the £50-60 mark   MAX- 3 & Max-4 are good general brushes.  If you fancy a trigger brush the GP-35 at at around £100 is a great all round brush.  Progressive double action trigger, preset handle at the back & spares are  lot cheaper than their sister range.

Paul

• 5 months later...