First 1/144 scale

Ok……I am having too many work in progress build here and none completed. Here’s another one, my first 1/144 and a tiny one too.  The big 1/144 B777-300ER will have to wait for next year.

My inspiration came because of one top view picture of the plane blending with the ground. So I will build this tiny plane flying with a blur background, all mounted in an enclosed picture box. 

So, here’s the plane; a New Zealand A-4 Skyhawk. The kit came with 2 planes, so I may build 2 planes with different camouflage. 
spacer.png

• Like 2

spacer.png

The A-4 is so tiny that it fits in the palm. Fit is good and so far with glue, I do not need any putty to fill gaps. The only problem I have is it’s difficult to find 1/144 pilots. Maybe I will roughly make one since it’s so tiny.

• Like 2

A-4 assembly completed, glue only, no putty so far.

spacer.png

I have bought this IKEA picture frame and this tiny plane is going inside. I may need to join another frame to achieve the desired thickness. 
uXiVpvi1q7LOSgyjlG8FoJT9_6KYtkpHX4OScIcR

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...

A-4 rinsed and ready for paintshop tomorrow. Had to round a sprue end for a pilot since I can’t get any 1/144 scale pilot. 
spacer.png

spacer.png
The pilot.

The base has arrived, so I will proceed to join the 2 frames to house the plane.

spacer.png

Edited by Cklasse
  • Like 1

Looks good so far. I build mostly modern jets in 1/144 as they’re a nice size but still not so small you can’t get a bit of detail in the model.

1CB4D118-A97D-40EB-A03C-9709DA3B124E.jpgAt this stage I nearly have a full shelf of them ( hope you don’t mind me posting a pic in your thread) except for the Horsa they’re all modern jets.

The only thing I’ll say is that kit quality varies wildly in this scale  with some kits being like mini versions of larger scale kits ( like thr Revell strike eagle I’m currently building) and some plastic blobs not entirely unlike the subject ( I’m looking at you Airfix 1/144 F20)

Edited by Marklo