1/48 Tamiya Beaufighter Mk.VI Nightfighter

Hi all, my first prop and my first British plane ticked off. Here's the WIP:

The kit was fantastic, Tamiya living up to their reputation completely. No real issues at all, the small antennas were a little fiddly and will probably drop off soon but they stayed on long enough for a few photos 😅.

Few little areas i can already see I could have done better, especially seem lines but thats something to work on moving forward.

Anyways, here's the photos...

20220715_201820

20220715_201758

20220715_201921

20220715_201945

20220715_202115

20220715_202203

Thanks for looking in! 

• Like 27
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Ngantek said:

Lovely tidy job. I can only imagine how difficult it is to get a sense of scale and texture out of all black colour schemes, so really well done with that!

Cheers Andy 😁

Nicely done, great looking Beaufighter!

Agreed on the antennas, getting them positioned properly is a pain, especially when you need to run an aerial between them, in which case you have to just pray that you don't snap off the mast you glued in place while tensing up the wire. 😵

• Haha 1

Thanks everyone!

8 minutes ago, NMS Models said:

Agreed on the antennas, getting them positioned properly is a pain, especially when you need to run an aerial between them, in which case you have to just pray that you don't snap off the mast you glued in place while tensing up the wire. 😵

Well I'm yet to attempt any aerials, but thanks for giving me something else to look forward to in the future 😅. I thought just an antenna was stressful enough haha!