Today is a GOOD day!

Pete Robin

Today is a GOOD day! The medicos have decided after a few months now, that I can come off the oxygen therapy. My sats have risen to a mighty 93 or 94% and they really don't want me to become too dependant on oxygen even tho is was only on very low percentages. Am still on a skip full of medications, but we can't have everything.

I also, courtesy of the lovely physioterrorists, have been given a 4 wheels, all terrain, fully armoured, walking frame. It has a nifty seat included that, when these old bones get tired and I can't breathe any longer, I can sit and stare at all those folks rushing past. Will be trying it out tomorrow.

So, that's my good day. What's yours been?

Regards, and hoping y'all have only good ones

Pete

• Like 21

Today is another good day. They are mostly good days lately.

My dog Tess woke me at 03:40 this morning to tell me that she needed to go out to the park for a dump (I live in a flat). it was cool, quiet and peaceful out there and while we were waiting, I mused on and really enjoyed the fact that she was able to communicate her needs and that I know her body language well enough to understand her instantly. I like being her go-to guardian. It was a sweet moment. We were back in bed and asleep by 04:00.

Then when I woke up at 08:00 I found that someone considerate (me) had washed up last night, put all the model making stuff away and generally made the place feel really nice. I don't always do that for future me so when past me has done, it's a real treat.

Back out to the park at 09:00 and Tess, who is just coming out of an 'anger management' problem, met one of her old arch-enemies, Amber the Labrador ... and nothing happened! It's taken months of re-training to achieve that.

It's Saturday, bacon sandwich day. Guilt free because I've been losing weight all week.

It just keeps on being good in all of those small ways and that's good enough for me.

The negative aspects of it I refuse to dwell on.

• Like 2

Good on ya Bertie.

Oh, and by the way, if you get bacon sandwiches on a Saturday, they don't have any calories in them. But don't tell everyone.🤪

It is also the case if someone buys chocolate for you. Calorie Free. Guaranteed.

Regards

Pete

I've had some experience of the "physioterrorists" recently. I've had a problem with tendinitis in my left hip and thigh, and I've been hooked up and plugged into the mains twice a week for the last 11 weeks. It feels as though they are sending about 10,000 volts through my hip. Last visit next week. Hooflippingray!!

John.

7 hours ago, Bullbasket said:

I've had some experience of the "physioterrorists" recently. I've had a problem with tendinitis in my left hip and thigh, and I've been hooked up and plugged into the mains twice a week for the last 11 weeks. It feels as though they are sending about 10,000 volts through my hip. Last visit next week. Hooflippingray!!

John.

It's a magic feeling when it stops huh? My terrorists aint so bad, they mostly listen to me breathing and then go through a gazillion exercises that are supposed to help. Some do, some don't. They also got me walking a bit further with the aid of the rollator/seat so I ain't gonna complain there. Was so good getting out in the sunshine, even if it was about the same temperature as the Sun. I didn't get far, but after being in the same rooms for weeks, it felt good.

Glad you got to the end and maybe some of the pain will go away now.

Regards

Pete

• Like 1