Eduard Spitfire Mk.I Alan Deere

Hello Everyone,

Once I was a child, I Read 9 lives, the autobiographie of Alan Deere. Since then, I always wanted to build one of his spitfire with a kiwi.

I did last year, and I'm pleased to share with you.

rTd3qig.jpg

dw4tE49.jpg

XGvSlVb.jpg

O1ZO8K7.jpg

QJQ3Iwc.jpg

I hope you enjoy it.

Providence

• Like 51
  • Thanks 1

The plastic seats, not Bakelite, according to the late & much missed Edgar brooks in this thread, were introduced into production 14 May 1940 so maybe in time for the Evacuation but not necessarily so, to be sure you'd need a production date for this machine & without a serial number (?) that is hard to do.

Steve.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, keith in the uk said:

looks good , although the seat would have been a redish brown colour ( Bakerlite ) :goodjob:

Not on N3180 Kiwi1 shown here. N3180 was completed months before the plastic seat was introduced into production. 

• Like 2

Judging by the modellers datafile there are detailed pics of Spitfire interiors , The oldest Spitfire which resides in the RAF museum Hendon has the redish brown seat , also it appears the the later marks right up to the MK XVI also show the seats in the same colour  however these are preserved aircraft and may have had the seats replaced at some point ? . My own gut feeling would be that most early marks of Spitfire would have had the plastic redish brown seat fitted and later marks fitted with metal seats.  No doubt there are guys here who know better and i will be proved wrong. 😬

• Like 1