Sherman Firefly Tamiya 1/48

Hello

This is my Sherman Firelfy Flrom Tamiya, also on quarter scale. Like for my previous topic regarding my Sherman, pictures are far from perfect... I need to improve my photographer skills.

rGPkC5W.jpg

cMzXz4W.jpg

J5Cef9j.jpg

UyxnHOv.jpg

I hope you enjoy it

Providence

• Like 16
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Steve27752 said:

Nice work, one observation if I may?

Don't forget to tie down the items on the rear deck or you will lose them all.

You're absolutely right! I will add a fine string. I think a nylon 0,2mm will do the trick, don't you?

• Like 1

Welcome aboard @providence. Good to see your Firefly and Sherman and hopefully we will see some more of your work.👍

As to photography it's one of my Achilles heels too. A photo of a model feels like it should be easy but can be a bit of a pain. Anyway I still haven't perfected it but this guy and some tips from others on here have helped me.

https://anadventureinawesome.com/2021/01/24/photographing-scale-models/

Looks a grand effort to my eyes.

I agree about tying everything down, it really does improve the look of the finished item.

Also not sure if its the photograph(y), but the tracks look awfully shiny. After about 5 seconds after manufacture they take on a kind of dull, cast iron grey, browny yeuch colour. Then once exposed to the outside air they quickly develop that deep chocolatey brown rusty look. After that, if they got wet, then they rusted, very very quickly. The contact areas (the chevrons) would, when driven on road surfaces, become slightly polished along with the guide teeth on the drive sprockets and other areas that may get clobbered. The easiest way to replicate that, without resorting to silver paints is to use the graphite from an ordinary hb pencil, rubbed on with the finger or cotton bud and then polished with a cloth. It looks "natural".

Don't let my ramble put you off any tho. Keep at it, it's all about fun and maybe learning a bit along the way.

Regards

Pete

Hello Pete,

Thank you for your comment. in fact, the tracks are not shiny, they are cover with grey/pale yellow dust but the pictures were not good enough to see it. I take some news pictures this morning and I hope it will be better.

TmKgqjW.jpg

83vKBdK.jpg

fNdgYFj.jpg

Providence

• Like 3