***finished***Heller Alconbury F-5E

PhantomBigStu

Hi Stu,

Β 

I love the color scheme.

You are doing really well. Almost there!!!

Β 

JR

• Like 1

On 9/23/2022 at 7:41 AM, Shalako said:

You are spot-on with the colours' hues Stu. spot-on!

Β 

It would be interesting to see a comparison between the Heller (I believe it is actually the Airfix kit) the Hobbyboss and the Italeri kits. Anyone got these kits and willing to do a comparison?

Β 

Cheers,

Β 

Bill

Indeed it is the Airfix kit from back when Heller used to own them, as for the colours, a mix but I checked them all before using them, dark blue is AK Interactive RAF PRU blue that proved too dark for that but perfect as you say for Aggressor Blue. Medium blue is the appropriate Xtracrylix Intermediate Blue, light blue is AK RLM65 1941 and the pale blue is humbrol 23. Anyway aside from a couple of touchs up underneaths its decal ready.Β 0-BFF0-F80-3970-487-D-BBA4-CFC3528125-D3Β 

• Like 6

On 9/27/2022 at 2:10 PM, modelling minion said:

Looking forward to seeing the decals go on Stu.

Β 

πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡¦

Hopefully should go on during the week, been trying to get couple of builds with also approaching deadlines decal ready, one’s done and other hopefully should be in next few days. Cheers to all for the kind wordsΒ 

Edited by PhantomBigStu
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, modelling minion said:

Coming on really well Stu, I hope that you get the underwing decal sorted and get her in the gallery in time.

Β 

πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡¦

Should do, a line of USAF’s are printed, will seal them in the morning and should be on in the evening and the some coats of varnish on :)Β 

• Like 2

• PhantomBigStu changed the title to ***finished***Heller Alconbury F-5E

Actually finished a day earlier than promised, did the varnishing on the stand and quite early this morning and as I’m going to move my bench and have a clean tommorow and the varnish was dry I did the final touches tonightΒ so it’s in the gallery :)Β 

• Like 2