***finished***Heller Alconbury F-5E

PhantomBigStu

As I'm incompetent I don't have a kit or probably the funds to acquire one, so this is a placeholder but do have something tangentially related that I will work on untill I get a kit, will be using F-5 decals on it, actually have started but never uploaded the pics, will do so later, also forgive the dead first page and bit, was a former build that went wrong. 

Edited by PhantomBigStu
  • Like 3

I has a kit on the way, been in my basket for a few days a decided to finally bite less it gets snapped up, the heller boxing info the airfix E with an aggressor in slightly different shades to the  blue one airfix I’ve done before.  135739-11185-pristine.jpg

• Like 7

Great to see you have a kit on the way Stu.

I built a few of the Airfix F-5E's many years ago and thought they went together quite well, certainly a lot better than their awful F-5A.

Nice to see you get the option of an Alconbury based aggressor in this boxing.

🇺🇦

1 hour ago, modelling minion said:

Great to see you have a kit on the way Stu.

I built a few of the Airfix F-5E's many years ago and thought they went together quite well, certainly a lot better than their awful F-5A.

Nice to see you get the option of an Alconbury based aggressor in this boxing.

🇺🇦

Hopefully it will be less trouble free than my previous one, had massive issue with the fir of the nose underneath and didn’t realise it was still off until after the decals went on and I had to home print the nose numbers (and then hand paint as they were too translucent) as the superglue I used to even it up ran, I also lost the windscreen down the plug hole so had to invest in a spares and repair eBay listing many months later. Anyway here it is also an Alconbury Aggressor. Edit also here’s my f-20 with the other decals from the airfix 

50084784662_f8ceee4ffb_b.jpg

CAA5192-D-B7-E7-43-D5-8-B90-65-B515-ACFC

Edited by PhantomBigStu
  • Like 6

• PhantomBigStu changed the title to Heller Alconbury F-5E
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
15 hours ago, Robert Stuart said:

Good recovery, Stu.
I'd probably go with the underside next, but that is uncertain.

Underside it is as I've not used the lightest blue yet and wanted to see what it looks like on a model, looks pretty close the the FS colour patch online. 8-B5-A7-E8-E-2826-4255-B299-A11-AE7248-B

• Like 7

Good to see you are progressing well with this. This was my choice as I really wanted to build an Alconbury F-5E, only the out of register decals just played havoc with my OCD & I've been struggling to find the appropriate decals in 1/72 for one of the airframes that is of the right colour, size and is in register. Then I thought I'd use the Hobbyboss kit. 

There was me thinking that a Northrop F-5 subject would be a breeze! 🤪😆

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

You are spot-on with the colours' hues Stu. spot-on!

It would be interesting to see a comparison between the Heller (I believe it is actually the Airfix kit) the Hobbyboss and the Italeri kits. Anyone got these kits and willing to do a comparison?

Cheers,

Bill

• Like 1