Hello from Hampshire

AndySG

Hi. I’m new to the site and have been modelling for about 2 years!! Love wwII aircraft as in 1/72 and 1/48 scale. Have been getting hit and miss results and keep trawling sites for advice/info but never quite found the advice specifically for my needs even though my issues are much like everyone elses!! 😆

Welcome. I’m sure if you post any questions you have, you’ll get answers.
Everyone here are very helpful and only too happy to share their knowledge.

Jon

• Like 1

Hi Andy, welcome to the forum!  I've only been here a few months meself but have learned a lot from the folks here who are both helpful and generous with their knowledge.  friendly bunch, too.  🙂

• Like 1

Welcome Andy,

While I completely understand your quest for advice, don't be afraid to just bash on and experiment. In a way, I think it's harder for new modellers these days as they're exposed to so much more choice and a million more channels of information (and criticism) than were around for those of us who cut our teeth in the modelling Dark Ages.

When I started out there were only grainy black & white photos in a few books and a couple of magazines to refer to and compare my models with. The only way to see something close-up was at a show or local modelling group. I then went home depressed but determined to do better!

Point is, if you're unsure about a technique or process then by all means ask around. BM is a mine of information and encouragement, but don't be shy to learn through bitter experience as well. There's no harm in taking a short cut to avoid unnecessary calamities but part of the fun, at least to me, is making a hash of something and doing better next time.

Apologies - I sound like a pub stool bore, droning on, but hopefully you'll know what I mean. 😄

Looking forward to seeing some of your work. 

Ian

• Like 2

Hello AndySG … :post1: from across the pond in Chicago USA. Im mostly an aircraft builder myself in the same scales. Everyone here is quite friendly and Im sure if you post a question in Aviation modeling. Specifically under the WW2 category you just need give it time for the right person to see it. Ive never not gotten the answers I seek. 

Dennis

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Agent K said:

A wonderful county! Welcome aboard 

Thank you

13 minutes ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Hello AndySG … :post1: from across the pond in Chicago USA. Im mostly an aircraft builder myself in the same scales. Everyone here is quite friendly and Im sure if you post a question in Aviation modeling. Specifically under the WW2 category you just need give it time for the right person to see it. Ive never not gotten the answers I seek. 

Dennis

Many thanks 

14 minutes ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Dennis

Many thanks 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, IanC said:

Welcome Andy,

While I completely understand your quest for advice, don't be afraid to just bash on and experiment. In a way, I think it's harder for new modellers these days as they're exposed to so much more choice and a million more channels of information (and criticism) than were around for those of us who cut our teeth in the modelling Dark Ages.

When I started out there were only grainy black & white photos in a few books and a couple of magazines to refer to and compare my models with. The only way to see something close-up was at a show or local modelling group. I then went home depressed but determined to do better!

Point is, if you're unsure about a technique or process then by all means ask around. BM is a mine of information and encouragement, but don't be shy to learn through bitter experience as well. There's no harm in taking a short cut to avoid unnecessary calamities but part of the fun, at least to me, is making a hash of something and doing better next time.

Apologies - I sound like a pub stool bore, droning on, but hopefully you'll know what I mean. 😄

Looking forward to seeing some of your work. 

Ian

Thanks for that Ian. That’s a good point. In some ways I think I’ve tried to push techniques a little to quickly rather than consolidating first!

Welcome Andy!

I am also a newbie in the site, just signdd up a few hours ago. I also started with WWII aircrafts, about 4 years ago, now I am trying to expand my point of view, and its a great place to be.🤓