Hello from China

FlyingPigg

On 7/13/2022 at 4:34 PM, ArnoldAmbrose said:

Gidday, welcome aboard. These are great models, I particularly like the Corsair. Regards, Jeff.

Thank you Jeff! F4U、Phantom and Spitfire are my favorite fighter

Yuebin

On 13/07/2022 at 16:44, Neddy said:

Welcome to the forum!  The Phantom and Corsair are simply stunning, some of the best I've ever seen.

Thank you,Neddy!

On 13/07/2022 at 17:06, Bandsaw Steve said:

Fantastic work! Welcome aboard.

Thank you,Steve!

On 13/07/2022 at 20:52, John Laidlaw said:

Welcome to the forum! Those are exceptional models - beautiful!

Thank you,John

On 7/14/2022 at 12:00 AM, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Hello Flyingpigg … :post1: from the city of Chicago USA, I mostly build military aviation. Im a certified Corsair nut and have to say both that and your Phantom are very well done. 

Dennis

Thank you,Dennis,

I love Corsair like crazy, some of my friends don't even think I'm going to make other kits

On 13/07/2022 at 21:32, Luke1199 said:

Welcome to the forum, love the builds you've shown! Fantastic job and can't wait to see more of your work.

Thank you,Luke

On 13/07/2022 at 23:12, Cklasse said:

欢迎加入。 Welcome, your models look beautiful. 

谢谢,Cklasse

On 13/07/2022 at 23:24, busnproplinerfan said:

Hi from over in Canada, any other models to share? techniques?

Thank you,busnproplinerfan,I build a lot of WWII propellers,if you like

On 13/07/2022 at 23:35, dogsbody said:

Greetings from another Canadian and welcome to the forum.

Chris

Thank you Chris

On 14/07/2022 at 05:28, Latakia said:

:welcome:FlyingPigg

Thank you,Latakia

On 7/16/2022 at 9:55 AM, BorisAlexandrov said:

Astounding! Looking forward to your future builds!

Thank you,Boris

On 7/16/2022 at 4:08 PM, IGKOR said:

Welcome!

Great builds you have shown us!

Thank you,mate!

On 7/17/2022 at 12:32 AM, Mr T said:

Welcome to the forum from a surprisingly sunny edge of Leeds UK. Excellent modelling skills displayed with those models. 

Thank you,Mr T

I want to say thank you all, I am not very familiar with the use of BM's system and my English is not very good, but I really feel your enthusiasm, thank you

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 13/07/2022 at 21:28, bootneck said:

Thank you for sharing your passion FlyingPigg [do you have a friendly name we can call you?], many of us are just as passionate about the hobby.  You are very welcome here and hope to see more of your beautifully finished models.

cheers,
Mike

On 13/07/2022 at 21:39, bootneck said:

It also makes our 'conversations' friendlier and gives that personal touch. :cheers:

Mike

Thank you,Mike,You can call me Yuebin,my full name in Chinese is Liu Yuebin,According to English habits, it seems to be written as Yuebin Liu here

• Like 2

Thank you for the explanation Yuebin. As you can see, by the positive responses, many of us are looking forward to seeing more of your wonderful models.  We also have "Work In Progress" (WIP) threads here; I am sure that we would all like to see how you prepare, start and progress to those excellent finishes with your models.  Would you have time to produce something like that for us please?

Best Wishes,

Mike

On 13/07/2022 at 21:46, Mike said:

:welcome: to the forum <insert friendly name here>  Good to have you here.  We don't have many Chinese members, but there are a few.  I'd love to know which kits you had a hand in while you were at MENG.  I'm a big fan of their work, and have a whole shelf of their kits I'm waiting to build :)

Thank you,Mike

I was involved in the design of the Me 163 and also tested a lot of WNW products (MENG is one of their contractors). Later I designed F-106, P-51, F-35, and the 1/700 ship series, and some other aircraft and helicopters that were not yet on the market. I also participated in and planned the design of some other aircraft and racing cars.

I have now left MENG to start my own brand with friends. Our initial products are Chinese rockets and destroyers. There will be more western-themed products in the future. I hope you‘ll’ like them.

Yuebin

• Like 6

22 minutes ago, bootneck said:

Thank you for the explanation Yuebin. As you can see, by the positive responses, many of us are looking forward to seeing more of your wonderful models.  We also have "Work In Progress" (WIP) threads here; I am sure that we would all like to see how you prepare, start and progress to those excellent finishes with your models.  Would you have time to produce something like that for us please?

Best Wishes,

Mike

I'd go to WIP whenever I had free time. I really learned a lot. Those interesting discussions made my work full of motivation. I'll post some more photos of my work at night in China.

Cheers

Yuebin

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, Jon Bryon said:

Where are you from in China? I lived in 郑州市 from 2006-2013 (and wrote a bit about it here: https://jonbryon.com/modelling-in-china/) I loved China and miss a lot. 过去的时候我汉语说得还不错可是因为九年多没有说现在的水平非常低!太可惜了!

The models you have made are very nice. I hope you post more pictures.

Jon / 白翔

At that time I lived in Luoyang(洛阳), a city near to Zhengzhou. I heard from my local friend about a foreigner modeller, and I thought that was you.Do you still rember 老麦 or Laomai model shop?The world is so small,isn't it?

Yuebin/悦斌

• Like 2

6 hours ago, FlyingPigg said:

I have now left MENG to start my own brand with friends. Our initial products are Chinese rockets and destroyers. There will be more western-themed products in the future. I hope you‘ll’ like them.

Yuebin

That's really cool Yuebin.  Thanks for taking the time to reply. :yes:  I used to have the 163 but gave it away, and I also have the F-35.  I'll be interested to see the other kits when they land from MENG, and whatever you release in due course.  I'm sure the Chinese rockets will interest a lot of folks in the West, as RealSpace is fairly border-agnostic :)

Welcome aboard,that's some really fantastic work you have on display.

One of my favorite Meng Builds is their T-90 I also enjoyed the M1A1 and Merkava IV

I was wondering,is modeling WWII Japanese subjects frowned on in your country by some,all,you personally, or even the government? Like some here might choose not model SS subjects

Feel free not to answer if my question is too forward or not appropriate

12 hours ago, FlyingPigg said:

At that time I lived in Luoyang(洛阳), a city near to Zhengzhou. I heard from my local friend about a foreigner modeller, and I thought that was you.Do you still rember 老麦 or Laomai model shop?The world is so small,isn't it?

Yuebin/悦斌

太好了!不巧我没有去过洛阳 😪 当然我知道老麦模型!在我家很附近也是我最喜欢的商店 🙂 每个星期我去过。 我很想那个地方。 

I was that foreign modeller :)  The world is small. Where do you live now?

Jon

11 hours ago, Mike said:

That's really cool Yuebin.  Thanks for taking the time to reply. :yes:  I used to have the 163 but gave it away, and I also have the F-35.  I'll be interested to see the other kits when they land from MENG, and whatever you release in due course.  I'm sure the Chinese rockets will interest a lot of folks in the West, as RealSpace is fairly border-agnostic :)

That rocket is a snap-kit, and dealers in Europe and the United States don't like this kind of kit very much, so we only sell it in China for the time being. We should be releasing a 1/35 product in the fall and a 1/48 product a few months later.

spacer.pngspacer.png

This is the box art of our rocket product.We tried out some new box art styles and hoped it would catch the eye.

Yuebin

• Like 3

11 hours ago, busnproplinerfan said:

One Meng question, why was the F350 made in 1/35? instead of 1/25? Just seems to be a model all by itself for a civil subject.

Because MENG's first product was a 1/35 scale pickup, and every pickup kit produced later had good sales, so the boss wanted to try the F-350.

The 1/25 scale seems to be only produced by North American brands and Revell? Asian markets prefer 1/24 scale

Yuebin

11 hours ago, Tojo72 said:

Welcome aboard,that's some really fantastic work you have on display.

One of my favorite Meng Builds is their T-90 I also enjoyed the M1A1 and Merkava IV

I was wondering,is modeling WWII Japanese subjects frowned on in your country by some,all,you personally, or even the government? Like some here might choose not model SS subjects

Feel free not to answer if my question is too forward or not appropriate

Thank you about your kindly word, Tojo

I know the SS pattern is legal in the UK or some other European country. But please note that the SS pattern in Germany is not allowed to be displayed. Every time MENG releases a German theme, the most concerned issue of German distributors is whether there is an SS pattern and whether the pattern is blocked.

Let's get back to your question. Unlike the propaganda you hear, the Chinese are actually very liberal, and the government doesn't interfere too much with personal preferences. So in China you can buy SS or IJA or IJN themed models. It is true that some people were removed from the venue for the public display of the IJN or IJA flag, but that was because his behavior offended the others present, like going to a dinner party naked. This is not illegal in China, but it is clearly a moral conflict.

The vast majority of Chinese are saddened by that history and angry at what the Japanese government is doing now. Japanese soldiers systematically and indiscriminately massacred Chinese civilians and prisoners of war, killing 35 million Chinese. For comparison, 6 million Jews were killed by the Nazis during World War II.

The German government sincerely apologized after the war, the German chancellor even knelt in front of the monument to express condolences and apology, and the Germans did a lot for Israel and other victims. By contrast, the Japanese government or the emperor has never done this in China, Korea or Vietnam. They even still remember the masterminds of those wars, the organizers of the massacres. Can you tolerate the German Chancellor commemorating Hitler in an official capacity?

Yuebin

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Jon Bryon said:

太好了!不巧我没有去过洛阳 😪 当然我知道老麦模型!在我家很附近也是我最喜欢的商店 🙂 每个星期我去过。 我很想那个地方。 

I was that foreign modeller :)  The world is small. Where do you live now?

Jon

我现在住在深圳,绝大部分亚洲品牌都在这里,或者临近的城市-东莞制造他们的模型。我刚刚和他们聊起了你,他们还记得你。老麦向你问好,Jon.

Yuebin

3 hours ago, FlyingPigg said:

Because MENG's first product was a 1/35 scale pickup, and every pickup kit produced later had good sales, so the boss wanted to try the F-350.

The 1/25 scale seems to be only produced by North American brands and Revell? Asian markets prefer 1/24 scale

Yuebin

I see, so there's more of them after the F-350? I haven't been following much since I don't make many 1/35 models. I saw the 1/24 version on evilbay but it's extremely expensive, guess it's limited production.

2 hours ago, FlyingPigg said:

Yuebin

For those without translation facilities, here is a machine-translation of Yuebin's message:

"I now live in Shenzhen, where most of the Asian brands are, or the neighboring city - Dongguan makes their models. I just talked to them about you and they remember you. Say hello to you"

Mike

15 minutes ago, busnproplinerfan said:

I see, so there's more of them after the F-350? I haven't been following much since I don't make many 1/35 models. I saw the 1/24 version on evilbay but it's extremely expensive, guess it's limited production.

Yes, Ford's authorization has expired for many years, and because sales are not as good as expected, MENG has not started negotiations on the renewal of the F-350. This product has been discontinued for about 5-6 years, and there are still no plans to renew when I leave. So if you like the F-350 very much, keep an eye on the used market, I think that's the only place you can get a cheaper kit.

22 minutes ago, bootneck said:

For those without translation facilities, here is a machine-translation of Yuebin's message:

"I now live in Shenzhen, where most of the Asian brands are, or the neighboring city - Dongguan makes their models. I just talked to them about you and they remember you. Say hello to you"

Mike

Sorry Mike, I will try to use English as much as possible.

Machine translation is very accurate🤪

Yuebin

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, FlyingPigg said:

Yes, Ford's authorization has expired for many years, and because sales are not as good as expected, MENG has not started negotiations on the renewal of the F-350. This product has been discontinued for about 5-6 years, and there are still no plans to renew when I leave. So if you like the F-350 very much, keep an eye on the used market, I think that's the only place you can get a cheaper kit.

Sorry Mike, I will try to use English as much as possible.

Machine translation is very accurate🤪

Yuebin

I'll keep an eye out for one even though I'm not much of a pickup truck collector, but if one comes around I'll grab it.

On 7/19/2022 at 5:38 AM, FlyingPigg said:

Yuebin

Thank you Yuebin. Say hi to them from me as well :)

Jon / Baixiang

Welcome to the forum. The phantom is outstanding! 

On 7/18/2022 at 2:59 AM, FlyingPigg said:

Thank you Steve.Most Chinese modeller are not good at English,just like me.

Your English is 100% better than my Mandarin. :) Dont even worry about it.