1/72 Revell 1996 tool Spitfire Mk Vb

Not a bad kit, has a few issues underneath with fit, but not a deal breaker. Added Master gun barrels, Sky Model decals and kit decals for the Roundels and stencils. Used Vallejo paints for the entire build except Alcad Aqua-Gloss for clear coat. Cameo was free-handed with an Iwata HP-CS. 20-24 psi. First time using Vallejo all the way, I practiced a lot and viewed some videos to get a feel for this paint. I would have to say primer is a must to help with adhering to surface. I always wondered what Light Mediterranean Blue looked like, My Shipmate Kelly V let me borrow a book called Colour Conumdrum by Vallejo. It may be somewhat of a self-serving book by Vallejo, but 71.113 is perfect. Sorry no Aboukir filter, I may scratch or 3D print one on a later date or wait for Eduard to release a 1/72 Mk. V, they always have about 1000 extra parts not used. Going to let this one dry and do a pin wash / weather here and there. Possibly put on a small base for display. Thanks for looking.

Keep your sprues empty!!!

JB

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.pngspacer.png

• Like 4

Up on it's legs upon a simple sandy base. Need to add some small details like nav lights and such. Next stop will be the "Ready for Inspection" section.

Thanks for your comments.

JB

6yyfJZR.jpg

Hnwhktg.jpg

OxMzgbv.jpg

• Like 6