Scania 50th ann. S730 gold colour code needed

I'm trying to find the gold paint code or something very close for the new Scania S730that Italeri just issued. Here's a video of an actual truck. I don't know if Italeri specifies the gold. I contacted a Scania dealership in Ireland and they told me it was a Great Britain colour scheme. I was told the ‘Golden Griffin Special’ gold colour was based on RAL1035 ‘Perlbeige’ I can't get this number to cross check with anything in my part of the world. Can anyone help? I want to make this with the correct gold. Gold is a hard colour to match when you don't have the actual truck to refer to.

5 hours ago, richellis said:

The golden griffin is an earlier R6 Scania, the S730 is the new gen S.

you will struggle as that truck was probably supplied in white and painted by the owner or dealer.

Ok, didn't know that. I did see a listing of Scania colours and there was a lot but didn't want to trust my monitor to pick anything, thanks.

1 hour ago, Yorkshire man said:

Ya it does look pretty good. I'll keep this on in mind, thanks. I saw a Hyundai or Toyota recently that had a nice gold which may be an option also.

Update, I just went through the site and looked at the shipping, it would be 45 pounds to Canada because it's a flammable product, so that might shoot that idea down.

On 7/11/2022 at 7:46 AM, busnproplinerfan said:

I'm trying to find the gold paint code or something very close for the new Scania S730that Italeri just issued. Here's a video of an actual truck. I don't know if Italeri specifies the gold. I contacted a Scania dealership in Ireland and they told me it was a Great Britain colour scheme. I was told the ‘Golden Griffin Special’ gold colour was based on RAL1035 ‘Perlbeige’ I can't get this number to cross check with anything in my part of the world. Can anyone help? I want to make this with the correct gold. Gold is a hard colour to match when you don't have the actual truck to refer to.

Could the color possible be something in the direction of MAN Truck NEW GOLDEN TOPAZ or maybe VW CURCUMA YELLOW METALLIC ??

Both Scania and MAN are part of the VW Group, so maybe they borrowed a corporate color for the truck in your link? 

Both colors are available on spray cans here in Europe, but maybe not in Canada?

5 hours ago, desert falcon said:

Could the color possible be something in the direction of MAN Truck NEW GOLDEN TOPAZ or maybe VW CURCUMA YELLOW METALLIC ??

Both Scania and MAN are part of the VW Group, so maybe they borrowed a corporate color for the truck in your link? 

Both colors are available on spray cans here in Europe, but maybe not in Canada?

Good note about Vdub owning them. I can get vw car paint easily unless the truck line is different. I was thinking of looking at a custom colour range of samples at one of he autobody supply stores and just picking something that way. I'd have to see these two colours. I just looked at some pictures of the two and the VW looks pretty good, well according to my monitor, thanks.

• Like 1

I got confused reading this. Why would it be a British paint when the truck in the video is Italian so I did a search for  ‘Golden Griffin Special’ gold colour.

So that colour is for Scanias 50 year anniversary in Britain. Looking at pictures of it, it is nothing like the colour on the Italian truck. 

The golden Griffin look like a pale gold while the Italian truck look yellow.

As the golden griffin is an earlier R6 Scania and the Italeri S730 is the new gen S. I doubt that Italeri specifies any gold. But I think that the Italian truck look better than the Golden Griffin.

20 minutes ago, Orso said:

I got confused reading this. Why would it be a British paint when the truck in the video is Italian so I did a search for  ‘Golden Griffin Special’ gold colour.

So that colour is for Scanias 50 year anniversary in Britain. Looking at pictures of it, it is nothing like the colour on the Italian truck. 

The golden Griffin look like a pale gold while the Italian truck look yellow.

As the golden griffin is an earlier R6 Scania and the Italeri S730 is the new gen S. I doubt that Italeri specifies any gold. But I think that the Italian truck look better than the Golden Griffin.

I was confused by it to, that's why I put the post up. I just looked at the golden griffen and it's like you said, pale. The Italian video is much nicer. Maybe when I asked the dealership, they didn't know of the newer on.

8 hours ago, Clashcityrocker said:

Looks like the truck may have been customized by Spolzino? Maybe they can help with a specific colour.

Nigel

Could be, thanks.

I did a search for Piconi Agricola and it seems that their trucks are yellow. I saw one DAF in a plane yellow colour so I think that the Scania also are yellow but some metallic paint, not gold. Probably a special paint job for Piconi and not a Scania job.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Orso said:

I did a search for Piconi Agricola and it seems that their trucks are yellow. I saw one DAF in a plane yellow colour so I think that the Scania also are yellow but some metallic paint, not gold. Probably a special paint job for Piconi and not a Scania job.

Thanks for taking a look. I want something similar to the one in the video but my own name and maybe an updated canvas side trailer or seacan since I have those already. I just like the gold idea and a golden anniversary theme.

I got ahold of an autobody supply near me and they said the VW gold is no problem but they don't have anything for Scania. So I'll likely go with that Vdub gold since it's a nice colour.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, richellis said:

it’s not a Scania colour, asked in the dealer. They have a code for the Golden Griffin but that’s the R6 not new-gen S, and it looks a completely different colour 👍

ok, since I'm not going replicate the one in the video entirely. Problem is I can't get a Scania paint unless I have a code for Color n things website. I saw a picture of the Golden Griffen and it looks yellower.