Revell reissued the 1/8 Trans Am

iaf-man

I have/had an old Scale Auto mag that featured this car. A guy super detailed it and spent hours on the engine compartment. You'd swear you're looking at the real thing. I just saw a picture of it in your link and it looks quite good. Wonder if they improved it.

From the Revell website:

Large-format and very challenging model kit of the Firebird, Pontiac’s pony car. The second generation of this beloved sports car came out in 1970 and stayed in production for 11 years. In 1979, the grill was redesigned yet again, and each pair of headlights was now separated by a plastic divider. The 1979 Firebird became the best-selling model in the whole series. The top model was the Trans Am. It became known as the most popular version, thanks, in part, to its appearances in various films.

A very demanding construction kit for the experienced modeller

I suspect that translates as "It won't fit but we told you so don't come crying to us and PLEASE don't buy it as a birthday present for your nephew".

• Haha 5

6 hours ago, Pigpen said:

From the Revell website:

Large-format and very challenging model kit of the Firebird, Pontiac’s pony car. The second generation of this beloved sports car came out in 1970 and stayed in production for 11 years. In 1979, the grill was redesigned yet again, and each pair of headlights was now separated by a plastic divider. The 1979 Firebird became the best-selling model in the whole series. The top model was the Trans Am. It became known as the most popular version, thanks, in part, to its appearances in various films.

A very demanding construction kit for the experienced modeller

I suspect that translates as "It won't fit but we told you so don't come crying to us and PLEASE don't buy it as a birthday present for your nephew".

In other words, the description says it's a bad model.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Oooooh!  I am VERY tempted.  My last 1/8th scale kit was the Monogram Jaguar E-Type which I completed about half a century ago and still have.  My younger brother also owned a 1973 vintage 1:1 scale Trans-Am for a while and they are an amazing car to own.  OK, it'll need a bit of work but the end result has got to be worth it.

• Like 1