What new kits would you like to see produced, any scale?

S-363, Halland class destroyer, Draken II class submarine and Tre Kronor class cruiser in 1/700. Oh, and HMS Belfast, but it seems like Trumpeter might finally be getting somewhere with that?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SallysDad said:

That sounds formidable to me.... off the scale as far as my skill level,

Gidday @SallysDad again, I dunno, I'm going to try it sometime as I want to convert an Airfix 1/600 Belfast to HMS Sheffield. I've seen other models where it was done successfully. Regards, Jeff.

In 1/350th:

”R” class battleship in WWI and WWII fits: Resolution, Royal Sovereign, Royal Oak, Ramilles, Revenge

HMS Lion (1910)

HMS Indefatigable(1909)

Iron Duke class: Iron Duke, Benbow, Marlborough, Emperor of India

King George V class (1911): King George V, Centurion, Ajax, Audacious 

RMS Queen Mary

RMS Carpathia

1/200th

HMS Belfast

HMS Victorious (R38) -wartime and post war fits

• Like 5

On 7/13/2022 at 1:54 AM, Black Knight said:

HMS Thunder Child (1895)

According to the Conway's History of the Ship volume 'Steam, Steel and Shellfire', the inspiration for the Thunder Child was HMS Polyphemus completed in 1882.

I would love an injection moulded HMS Warrior, have visited her in Portsmouth. 

• Like 3

On 8/2/2022 at 4:57 AM, John_W said:

HMS Hardy as she was at the Battle of Narvik.

As the first (Gazetted) VC of WW2 there is a reasonable excuse for a kit.

Gidday @John_W, if there's a 'G' or 'H' class destroyer available you could modify it to HMS Hardy. And I agree, she's a worthy candidate. Regards, Jeff.

In 1/350

A two ship set of

HMS Campbeltown

1. as a 4 piper

2. as it was changed for Operation Chariot

or make it a four ship set;

3. as it was when rammed on the caisson

4. as it was just after the explosion

• Like 3

Anyone know if there is a kit of the Turbinia? Scalemates doesn't seem to yield any results. That would certainly be on my list in something like 1/144 scale.

Otherwise, as a non-ship builder, I'm always surprised to see how rare it is to see kits of First World War subjects; so yes certainly I'd join in with those who suggested HMS Tiger (the most elegant looking of these in my opinion), in 1/700 if given my personal choice. 

• Like 2

On 01/08/2022 at 23:05, SallysDad said:

That sounds formidable to me.... off the scale as far as my skill level, Captain.

I didn't think that my skills were up to it either until I took the Dremel to BELFAST's hull to turn her into GLASGOW.  You never know if you don't try.  That said, a 1/350 Town class that I didn't have to cut about would be nice.  The early Towns were much nicer looking (to my eyes) than the stretched BELFAST/EDINBURGH

• Like 2

I'd like to see a few Cold War subjects too.

HMS Centaur

HMS Dunkirk

HMS Ulster

(My dad served on these back in the 60's - I'm aware that there are old Frog Battle Class and HMS Undine models that I could use but it'd be nice to have them in 1/700 instead)

IanJ

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Chewbacca said:

The early Towns were much nicer looking (to my eyes) than the stretched BELFAST/EDINBURGH

Gidday, yes to my eyes also. Personal opinion of course but to me the best looking RN WW2 cruisers were the Improved Leander class (Amphion/Perth class) and the Aresthusa class. Followed by the Improved Dido class (Bellona class). Regards, Jeff.

I’d like to see more ships of the nineteenth century. The great transition from sail to steam threw up some fascinating vessels both military and merchant. 

And then there’s the other 6000 years of the history of the ship…

It seems to me that the 20th century and particularly 1939-45 has been done to death, compared with the missed opportunities of earlier centuries. 

• Like 5

14 hours ago, Ngantek said:

Anyone know if there is a kit of the Turbinia? Scalemates doesn't seem to yield any results. That would certainly be on my list in something like 1/144 scale.

Superb choice!!  A fascinating vessel which would make a graceful model.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Bertie McBoatface said:

I’d like to see more ships of the nineteenth century. The great transition from sail to steam threw up some fascinating vessels both military and merchant. 

And then there’s the other 6000 years of the history of the ship…

It seems to me that the 20th century and particularly 1939-45 has been done to death, compared with the missed opportunities of earlier centuries. 

ah, some Roman or Greek Biremes and Triremes. An Egyptian 'papyrus' Nile ship. A ship of the mysterious 'Sea Peoples', A Babylonian reed boat

What scale though? 

In 1/350 they'd be the size of the Airfix 'no-scale' small sailing ships, much too small

1/144 is better, but maybe even 1/72

The old Airfix Modelling magazine ran a series on building some of these

How about Thor Heyerdahl's 'Kon-Tiki'

In 1/32 or 1/35

I built one out of paper straws and balsa, crewed by Timpo figures, back when he sailed 'Ra' (1969) and the 'Kon-Tiki' became news again

or his papyrus reed boats 'Ra' and 'Ra II'

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Black Knight said:

How about Thor Heyerdahl's 'Kon-Tiki'

In 1/32 or 1/35

I built one out of paper straws and balsa, crewed by Timpo figures, back when he sailed 'Ra' (1969) and the 'Kon-Tiki' became news again

or his papyrus reed boats 'Ra' and 'Ra II'

YES!