What new kits would you like to see produced, any scale?

12 hours ago, Ravens said:

Any French pre-Dreadnought - crazier and more steampunk looking the better, but Hoche would be my preference.

That is a great call!  I have just foumd some images of the Hoche, it is a spectacular looking vessel.

• Like 1

Any RN WW2 cruisers (Leander and Colony classes first) DKM Lutzow or Deutchland and a DKM Leipzig class cruiser all mid war, 1/350 and in plastic please!

Tom

I would like to see a 1/72 British sub, preferably HMS Upholder (WW2) to go with all the German, American and Japanese boats.

In 1/350, it would be good to have some earlier boats from Holland up to the 1930s from all nations. It would be very good to have a RN E Class for starters!

I am think of scratch building a 1/35 Holland 1 as it would only be a bit bigger than the Merit X-craft? I cannot imagine someone would do a kit of it though in that scale.

Fairly sure we will get a few more Titanic models though, because you can never have enough!

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Modelholic said:

and a DKM Leipzig class cruiser

I'd prefer one of the 'K' class due to the unusual aft turret arrangement. In 1/600 though. Fat chance, I know, so I guess I'll have to scratch build her.

And a SMS Seydlitz or Derfflinger of WW1. Regards, Jeff.

Ooooo where to start, 

For me I'd love to see HMS Furious or Courageous/Glorious in 1/350, given the hobbys predelection towards german subjects I'm suprised they've not been done given Glorious was sunk in one of the very few successful german surface Fleet actions of ww2, 

I'd double any comments for the splendid cats, an R class and the oft forgotten Iron Duke of WW1, and just about any of german Dreadnoughts, 

My list would go on and on so I shall stop but I would say where are HMS RODNEY AND NELSON in 1/350 long since promised but not delivered  😞 

44 minutes ago, S-boat 55 said:

and just about any of german Dreadnoughts

ICM do some of the German WW1 battleships in 1/350. And I'd like HMS Glorious in both light battlecruiser and aircraft carrier guise. Regards, Jeff.

• 2 weeks later...

Where does one start.

Not necessarily in priority order:

1/350 Colony class cruiser

1/350 Southampton class cruiser (with additional parts to build a Gloucester class)

1/350 TIGER/BLAKE with hanger/flight deck

1/350 HMS ARK ROYAL IV, final commission

1/350 Battle class destroyer (yes, I know one is being produced)

1/350 HMS EXMOUTH (post gas turbine trials ship conversion)

1/350 HMCS PRESERVEUR (to go with my Atlantic Models 1/350 Leander class to replicate her coming together with PENELOPE in Vestfjord in 1988)

1/350 OL class tanker

1/350 HMS TRIUMPH in her final maintenance carrier guise

1/350 HMY BRITANNIA

1/350 HMS FURIOUS (WW2 configuration)

1/35 BRNC Picket Boat

What I would love to see , in 1/350, is merchant ships between the age of sail and WW2. Options are very limited currently, you've either got Liberty ships or you've got to use plans to scratch build.

Given that these ships didn't have a huge variation in hulls, especially after WW1, it would be interesting to see an online merchant do something along the lines of "build your own" kits, with a selection of hulls, superstructure parts and cargo handling gear that could then be used to create a huge variety of different vessels.

• Like 1

I would like to see a nicely detailed 1/350 WWII secret German Raider like Atlantis,Pinguin,Kormoron,or Orion.

A brand new up to date 1/350 SMS Emden

My dad's ship in 1/350, USS Whitley (AKA-91)

I’d second the Leander and Colony Class cruisers in 1/350, along with a Dido, all injected plastic.

in larger scales it would be nice to see Revell extend its 1/144 line, perhaps with a modified Black Swan (they could sell the kit as a post-war Bundesmarine version if they like) or Hunt. Loads of options, a nice size for display/super-detailing, and they could share a lot of the armament/director bits.

It would also be nice if Italeri uncancelled its Higgins PT in 1/35.

cheers

Steve

7 hours ago, TomTango said:

it would be interesting to see an online merchant do something along the lines of "build your own" kits, with a selection of hulls, superstructure parts and cargo handling gear that could then be used to create a huge variety of different vessels.

That's an interesting concept. To a certain extent that could be done with small warships such as destroyers. I think each navy tended to follow a progression of development with somewhat standardized fittings such as guns and turrets. Whether it's practical from a tooling and commercial point of view I don't know. But yeah, an interesting concept.

But I bet it wouldn't be done in 1/600 scale. 😥     Oh well .   .   .   🙂      Regards, Jeff.

9 hours ago, TomTango said:

What I would love to see , in 1/350, is merchant ships between the age of sail and WW2. Options are very limited currently, you've either got Liberty ships or you've got to use plans to scratch build.

Given that these ships didn't have a huge variation in hulls, especially after WW1, it would be interesting to see an online merchant do something along the lines of "build your own" kits, with a selection of hulls, superstructure parts and cargo handling gear that could then be used to create a huge variety of different vessels.

LEGO would be perfect for this. 😀

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I did forget to think of non-grey and guns options earlier!

I would like to see an updated Calypso from Revell with a Platinum option to provide a wooden deck, brass bits and photo-etch. It would be great to have scale railings and a mesh helicopter landing pad.

Also, how about a Shannon or Rother Lifeboat from Airfix and they could re-issue the hovercraft kits.