What new kits would you like to see produced, any scale?

I would like to see a few kits in 1/350:

Anything in the Forrestal class ships, as first introduced, in the 50s.

Ocean liners: SS United States; RMS Mauritania; RMS Queen Elizabeth; RMS Queen Mary. 

• Like 1

A late 70's Ark Royal in 350 would be nice. Bucc's Phantoms and Gannet's. Aside from that, any of the older RN WW1-WW2 cruisers like the C-class, D- class or E-class or Hawkins class would be nice. A 1/700 or 350 Revenge class battleship would be something i would like to see as well.

• Like 2

I'm with you on the USS Forrestal :D, but I would be absolutely over the moon to get a 1/350 HMS Fearless! :yahoo:

I have the Fearless in 1/600 - the good old Airfix kit from when I was a smal(ler) boy, but a 1/350!! :heart:

Cheers :bye:

Hans J

• Like 3

I'd go for a 1/350 SS UNITED STATES...

How about a 1/144 Akula SSN?

1/350 VIRGINIA (CGN) and a 1/350 VIRGINIA (SSN)(that actually looks like one that is in service)

1/350 INDIANA BB-1 and BB-58

But, the big AKULA over everything

Dave

• Like 1

Hi,

I'd like to see an injection model kit of some UK and related cold war era carriers.  I have the old Airfix 1/600 HMS Victorious after her angled deck conversion, which can be a reasonable basis for that ship, but other ships like Fujima's HMS Eagle, are either from earlier in thier careers, or appear to only be available as either resin or 3D printed kits, and as such are a bit pricey.

A kit of HMS Hermes (either as a catobar or amphious/STOVL type ship), HMS Bulwark, and HMS Ark Royal (R09) from her final deployment would be nice, as would either a kit of HMAS Melbourne, HMCS Bonnyventure, the Minas Gerias, 25th of May, or INS Viraat.

Similarly some of the newer aircapable ships like the INS Vikramaditya or the new INS Vikrant or the Italian Cavour would also be nice.

Pat

• Like 1

I am slowly building up a collection of kits of ships my Grandfather served on during his time in the Royal Marines (1912-1934)

To complete the set I need in 1/700

HMS London (1899) following her conversion to a mine layer.

HMS Eagle. During Sea Trials/Flight trials in 1920.

HMS Revenge

HMS Furious (pre installation of the island)

Since I am older, I would like a larger scale 1/200: early 1900's US; UK; Japanese: Italian; French; German. Plus any Passenger ship from the 1920's, 1930's. Well we can only hope.

Gidday All, I'm probably the odd one out here as I still prefer 1/600 scale, and am mainly interested in WW1&2 vintage warships. I've done most of Airfix's warships of those eras several time over, those that I can get anyway. I know this limits me somewhat so I'd be happy with just about any new warship from any navy between 1900 and 1950. But I know my chances are just about zilch. Oh well  .   .   .

Regards, Jeff.

If I were to have one choice, it would be for a 1/700 HMS Gloucester from WWII. Then I would be able to create my long-held desire to build a diorama of 3 HMS Gloucesters in echelon of the ships from WWI, WWII and the Cold war. I already have the Combrig Gloucester from 1910 and the Dragon Type 42 Gloucester.

Of course, there are lots of other ships I really want, but less so than the WWII Gloucester.

Ray

6 hours ago, Aeronut22 said:

A large scale (1:100 - 1:72 ) double kit of the Mary Rose as she was in her heyday and as she is now. 

And can I second Brunel's ships.

https://www.cornwallmodelboats.co.uk/acatalog/caldercraft_mary_rose.html

Is 1/80 big enough?

• Like 2

It would be nice if someone did the  Vasa in a bigger scale than the Airfix and Revell kits. The Airfix one keeps reappearing in their catalogue although inaccurate compared to the Revell offering that has stopped production. 100th scale would.be good with all those intricate figures to paint and make a splendid model of Airfix did it in this scale and more accurate than their now very old kit.

The CSS Alabama, CSS Shenandoa and CSS Florida would be nice to obtain in a scale of about 1/144th or 1/150th.

The big Revell Alabama in 1/96th scale has been around a long time as has their Kearsage where they used the same hull moulding. So one of them has to be very wrong as research shows a twelve feet difference in their hull lengths.

That beautiful French liner Normandie known as 'The Ship Of Light' has never been kitted in plastic. Surprised that Heller never did this one! There is a resin kit and beautifully done, but at a price!

No more Titanics please! The market is swamped with this subject in many scales already from tiny to taking up the living room!

Accepted there is a great fascination with it model wise, but enough is enough. Lots in plastic, card and wood already.

• Like 2

Now your asking,  A Royal Navy T class in 1/144 & 1/72 along with an S class, Amphion class & U class with their associated mods (similar to USN Guppy's).

Also any of the missing RN boats in 1/350, a long list from A class 1902 to Upholder class 1993

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 10/07/2022 at 21:32, Tincan_Warspite said:

A 1/700 or 350 Revenge class battleship would be something i would like to see as well.

Yas! In fact any 1/700 WW1 ship in plastic and any from the century before come to think of it. If I had to narrow it down to just one though, and given you can get most of those in resin, it would be the Nemesis of 1839.

David

I'd love to see released in 1/700 scale:

Emerald-class light cruiser

HMS Tiger (battlecruiser)

Any French pre-Dreadnought - crazier and more steampunk looking the better, but Hoche would be my preference.

Majestic-class pre Dreadnought

Soviet communication ship SSV-33 Ural

Regards,

Ross.

Thunder Child!       Sounds like the ship in the song from Jeff Wayne's musical version of War of the Worlds.

Cover picture on my.old LP shows it being blasted by one of the Martian Tripod War Machines.

Idea for a diorama?

Edited by Noel Smith