Scrap Metal - Update 2!!!

4 hours ago, Natter said:

I thought the first two photos were the 'inspiration' scene, not the model. Brilliant, utterly brilliant.

Nice to read your positive comments. Thank you. 

4 hours ago, busnproplinerfan said:

Good way to store parts from the parts box, love the base it sits on to, well done.

Thank you very much. 

I've updated this dio by adding different shades of rust to break the monotone look of the junk in its entirety. I've also added steel rods as a load on top of the Suzuki. I've also added other smaller details here and there and add more interest to an otherwise mute theme. added more photos of different junk piles from different sites around the world. Added a name tag made out of foam. If you've seen the first load of photos I put up, you will then see the small changes I have made. I will add the figures as soon as I have done painting them. Thanks for looking.

junk-vi.jpg
junk_a-vi.jpg
junk_wide-vi.jpg
junk_wide2-vi.jpg
junk_wide3-vi.jpg
junk_wide4-vi.jpg
junk_wide5-vi.jpg
junk_wide6-vi.jpg
junk_wide7-vi.jpg
junk_wide8-vi.jpg
junk1-vi.jpg
junk1a-vi.jpg
junk1b-vi.jpg
junk2-vi.jpg
junk3-vi.jpg
junk4-vi.jpg
junk5-vi.jpg
junk6-vi.jpg
junk7-vi.jpg
junk8-vi.jpg
junk9-vi.jpg

junk10-vi.jpg
junk11-vi.jpg
junk12-vi.jpg
junk13-vi.jpg
junk14-vi.jpg
junk14a-vi.jpg
junk15-vi.jpg
junk16-vi.jpg
junk17-vi.jpg
junk18-vi.jpg
junk19-vi.jpg
junk20-vi.jpg
junk21-vi.jpg
junk22-vi.jpg
junk23-vi.jpg
junk24-vi.jpg

• Like 16
  • Thanks 1

• tiking changed the title to Scrap Metal - Update!!!

You had me fooled as well!! I also thought it was the inspiration pics. Great work really nice… rust if you can get really nice rust. But looks perfect and a slightly unusual subject which makes it interesting.

8 hours ago, MickE said:

That looks awesome! indistinguishable from the real thing :clap::worthy:

Mick

Thanks Mick.

7 hours ago, Muchmirth said:

You had me fooled as well!! I also thought it was the inspiration pics. Great work really nice… rust if you can get really nice rust. But looks perfect and a slightly unusual subject which makes it interesting.

Glad you approve. Thank you.

• Like 1

Another excellent example of your work and unique imagination.

On 7/15/2022 at 9:39 AM, tiking said:

I will add the figures as soon as I have done painting them

If you have one to hand could you also include the ubiquitous "junk yard dog" ? 

8 hours ago, Richard E said:

Another excellent example of your work and unique imagination.

If you have one to hand could you also include the ubiquitous "junk yard dog" ? 

HeHe! I have a dog on hand, but not really a junkyard dog. More like a pedigree, but will incorporate it none-the-less

• Like 1

I've just added the figures to the dio. Again, I am no figure painting expert, but I always try to give it my utmost best. The figures were bought ready made, but I repainted them differently and because the original painting was not to my liking. I wanted to better the face and skin texture than what the original had. The dog has not been repainted(will do that later), although, I added it just to give the overall appeal to the diorama.  

scrapmetalyard_figures-vi.jpg
scrapmetalyard_figures2-vi.jpg
scrapmetalyard_figures3-vi.jpg
scrapmetalyard_figures3a-vi.jpg
scrapmetalyard_figures4-vi.jpg
scrapmetalyard_figures4a-vi.jpg
scrapmetalyard_figures5-vi.jpg
scrapmetalyard_figures6-vi.jpg
scrapmetalyard_figures7-vi.jpg
scrapmetalyard_figures8-vi.jpg
scrapmetalyard_figures9-vi.jpg

• Like 5

• tiking changed the title to Scrap Metal - Update 2!!!
On 7/10/2022 at 12:29 PM, tiking said:

Will probably add a figure or two, maybe a dog would suffice; not sure.

I commented on your original post but missed the second. I don't believe it but the scene actually got better. The rebar, balanced on the truck makes my hands itch to tie it down better! The whole thing is fabulous. I guess the thing, your special thing is the texture and surface treatment of the metals. They all look sharp, heavy, dangerously real. I was fooled by the first couple of shots, as were many others into thinking it was a real inspiration scene.

However, now it's populated, people will always look at your figures first, hardest and most critically. I think they are the weakest point of an otherwise very powerful diorama. Ironically it's the surface textures that I think break the illusion set up by the rest of the scene. These guys are spotlessly dressed and really quite glossy. Did you paint them yourself? They are nice figures though. I love the belly and the unusual poses but at the moment they just don't fit your style.

1 hour ago, ColonelKrypton said:

Just keeps getting better and better - well done.

cheers, Graham

Thanks.

59 minutes ago, Bertie McBoatface said:

I commented on your original post but missed the second. I don't believe it but the scene actually got better. The rebar, balanced on the truck makes my hands itch to tie it down better! The whole thing is fabulous. I guess the thing, your special thing is the texture and surface treatment of the metals. They all look sharp, heavy, dangerously real. I was fooled by the first couple of shots, as were many others into thinking it was a real inspiration scene.

However, now it's populated, people will always look at your figures first, hardest and most critically. I think they are the weakest point of an otherwise very powerful diorama. Ironically it's the surface textures that I think break the illusion set up by the rest of the scene. These guys are spotlessly dressed and really quite glossy. Did you paint them yourself? They are nice figures though. I love the belly and the unusual poses but at the moment they just don't fit your style.

As I've said. figure painting is my weakness. You are right about matting them down. Will do that. As I explained in the this post, the figures were bought ready made, but I repainted them differently and because the original painting was not to my liking. I wanted to better the face and skin texture than what the original had. Hopefully in due time I will be better at figure painting. That's why I don't always include figures in my builds. Always try to avoid them. But in scenarios, you just have to add them. The dog has not been repainted(will do that later), although, I added it just to give the overall appeal to the diorama. Thanks for your comment. :)  

2 hours ago, cherry268 said:

I called this a masterpiece before and now I am scrating for a word that is better than a masterpiece if any one can help

Truly brilliant

Thank you for your very supportive words of encouragement.