Scrap Metal - Update 2!!!

Not much to say here, but just experimenting. Saw a photo of a similar scene and thought I'd replicate it. Will probably add a figure or two, maybe a dog would suffice; not sure.

junk-vi.jpg

junk1-vi.jpg

junk2-vi.jpg

junk3-vi.jpg

junk4-vi.jpg

junk5-vi.jpg

junk6-vi.jpg

junk7-vi.jpg

junk8-vi.jpg

junk9-vi.jpg

junk9a-vi.jpg

junk9b-vi.jpg

junk9c-vi.jpg

junk10-vi.jpg

junk11-vi.jpg

junk12-vi.jpg

junk13-vi.jpg

junk14-vi.jpg

junk15-vi.jpg

junk16-vi.jpg

junk17-vi.jpg

Edited by tiking
  • Like 38
  • Thanks 4

1 hour ago, Toryu said:

Unusual but very impressive. Never has scrap been modelled so convincing...

Thank you kindly.

1 hour ago, jenko said:

Now show the model. 🤗

He! He! Thanks.

1 hour ago, Pete in Lincs said:

As always, quite wonderful. Very convincing. That VW must be worth saving. If only we had a crane with an electromagnet!

I'm sure it can be done, but unfortunately, it's been cut in half. :(

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Bertie Psmith said:

Brilliant. Just brilliant.

Have you heard of this GB proposal for next year? You would be very welcome.

Well, thank you very much for your suggestion. But would mine still be eligible even though, is built before the time given, of next year? 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, tiking said:

Well, thank you very much for your suggestion. But would mine still be eligible even though, is built before the time given, of next year? 

I was actually thinking that you might do something similar but we aren’t bothered about rules so if you want to post this beauty next year, go ahead. 😁

1 hour ago, Bertie Psmith said:

I was actually thinking that you might do something similar but we aren’t bothered about rules so if you want to post this beauty next year, go ahead. 😁

Okay! I'll see if something else comes to mind, before then. If not I'll just post the same, but will definitely think harder to see what I can come up with. 

2 minutes ago, tiking said:

Okay! I'll see if something else comes to mind, before then. If not I'll just post the same, but will definitely think harder to see what I can come up with. 

Brilliant. I’ll add your name to the list of interested parties if that’s ok?

That way you’ll get a reminder when it’s time to vote for the proposal in the autumn and hopefully another one when we start. 

We aim to be the most inclusive GB ever and you have just opened up a whole new category. We have no 25% rule but it never occurred to me that we could admit 100% finished models from the past too. We’ll call it the Entropy GB Volunteer Reserve (GBVR)! Marvellous! (I have some old wrecks to include too!)

The final gallery will be HUGE! Still no polls or prizes though. Cooperation not competition is the watchword!

8 hours ago, Bertie Psmith said:

Brilliant. I’ll add your name to the list of interested parties if that’s ok?

That way you’ll get a reminder when it’s time to vote for the proposal in the autumn and hopefully another one when we start. 

We aim to be the most inclusive GB ever and you have just opened up a whole new category. We have no 25% rule but it never occurred to me that we could admit 100% finished models from the past too. We’ll call it the Entropy GB Volunteer Reserve (GBVR)! Marvellous! (I have some old wrecks to include too!)

The final gallery will be HUGE! Still no polls or prizes though. Cooperation not competition is the watchword!

Sounds good. :) All in the name of friendly modeling. 

8 hours ago, Max Headroom said:

Brilliant! It thought that was the real thing in the first few shots until you pulled back.

Top job👍

Trevor

Kind of you to say Trevor. Thanks. 

Fabulous, marvelous, captivating - very nicely done. 

Layer upon layer of detail waiting to be discovered. If anything it is too "perfect".  I don't think I have ever see such neat and tidy junk yard before.

If anything, the only thing else it needs is a junk yard dog.

cheers, Graham

57 minutes ago, ColonelKrypton said:

Fabulous, marvelous, captivating - very nicely done. 

Layer upon layer of detail waiting to be discovered. If anything it is too "perfect".  I don't think I have ever see such neat and tidy junk yard before.

If anything, the only thing else it needs is a junk yard dog.

cheers, Graham

Hi Graham. Thank you kindly. I am currently working on adding a dog, that everybody seems to want on the dio. :)

On 7/10/2022 at 5:11 PM, jenko said:

Now show the model.

I thought the first two photos were the 'inspiration' scene, not the model. Brilliant, utterly brilliant.