Savoia Marchetti SM-79 Classic Airframes 1/48

I have not seen this color scheme from Rhodes and find your rendition to be excellent. The color scheme is gorgeous. As an aside, my father was raised near Kyrenia, Cyprus, and his village near a natural harbor was bombed a few times by SM.79s and Ju-87's and Ju-88's. I asked him about color schemes and he said "the only ones I saw were black" and "any time the planes came over I buried my face deep in the slit trench outside our school."  Thank you again for posting this. 

• Like 1

A very nice model of a classic plane - one could almost call it a classic airframe! :D

I had this kit many moons ago but shied away from building it - your's look truly good! :goodjob:

Cheers :bye:

Hans J

• Like 1

Very nice. :yes: I didn't actually know they did one - I thought the Trumpeter one was the only choice.  Which one is deemed to be the better kit I wonder?

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Mike said:

Very nice. :yes: I didn't actually know they did one - I thought the Trumpeter one was the only choice.  Which one is deemed to be the better kit I wonder?

The CA kit is far superior in shape from what I have read in the Internet.

I would sure buy another one, but they are hard to find and expensive.

• Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, VolkerR. said:

they are hard to find and expensive.

You weren't kidding! They're on eBay starting at £100 :shrug: Mind you, there are a few detail sets that fix the Trumpeter kit, and IIRC they cost about as much... damned if you do, damned if you don't!  I'm very glad I have a short attention span and poor memory ;)

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Bertie Psmith said:

Good pictures too!

The effect is called "focus bracketing" or "focus stacking". I had never heard of that before, but I sure like it.