Canadian 2-tone LIFT - FINISHED

Chrisj2003

Missing the deadline on this. Wash sealed in and maskol off. Undercarriage and doors and speed brakes on.

Its on its legs now but a couple of problems on the way:

• I have scored the windscreen when cutting tape to mask it; the space between the refuelling probe and it was took small to have a really good go at sanding and polishing; it is better but not eliminated.
  • I broke one of the main wheel actuators/jacks, so rather than brace one leg with it there is glue on a butt joint. I am leaving that to set hard.

Still got:

1. Stores to add, the tanks are so close to the main legs I need them to be solid first.
  2. Under nose blade aerials; I've realised there is no positive connection for them.
  3. Pitot.
  4. Paint touch ups.
  5. Varnish / and weathering to blend in. 

If there are no more problems it will be a few more days. I have enjoyed the STGB, thanks to @Robert Stuart and @modelling minion and many others so much that I have gone and bought another Italeri F-5A kit.

Chris

spacer.png

• Like 4

• Chrisj2003 changed the title to Canadian 2-tone LIFT - on legs

Very sorry to hear that you won't make the deadline Chris but much better that you have a model that you are happy with at the end of the build.

She is looking very good and will look even better when finished.

The inner tanks are a very close fit to the undercarriage, a bit too close in fact, so having a strong joint there is a must.

🇺🇦

• Thanks 1

Everything on except the pitot, and some touch-ups started. The blade aerial positions are educated guesswork based on photos. the drop tanks don't touch the undercarriage doors but if this is too scale IRL it must have been hard to lift the tanks on. 

Chris

spacer.png

• Like 4

• 1 month later...

I had nearly finished this when I knocked one of the undernose aerials off, so back to the cycle of glue, paint, varnish, weather and varnish. Then wait for some daylight to take photos. Pleased with the colours and the tip tank landing lights, disappointed with the density of the Xtradecal safety makings and I have overdone the weathering for a Canadian machine. Posting RFI next. 

Chris

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 3

• Chrisj2003 changed the title to Canadian 2-tone LIFT - FINISHED