Trumpeter 1/48 F-100F Super Sabre, X-15 test program, Edwards AFB 1959.

Wow, totally the kind of project that I love !

Great idea to reproduce this F-100F of the Flight Test Center and you did it very well !😍

The metal finish and the dayglow are very good and the result is perfect. 

Bravo !!

Lolo

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, loloskymaster said:

Wow, totally the kind of project that I love !

Great idea to reproduce this F-100F of the Flight Test Center and you did it very well !😍

The metal finish and the dayglow are very good and the result is perfect. 

Bravo !!

Lolo

Thank you very much Lolo.

I like aircraft from the Flight Test Center as they have carried some very interesting schemes over the years, and I am very glad that you like the dayglo and metal finish.

7 hours ago, Biggles87 said:

Beautiful Craig.

I also like the worn dayglo and the heat stained rear fuselage.

John. 🇺🇦

Thanks John, very happy to know that you like her mate, very much appreciated.👍

🇺🇦

• Thanks 1

Striking, Craig! The hot metal effects are superb and the NMF and dayglo as well.

You know I used the same paints for my Tunnan. Curious to know if, like me, you had (really annoying) dry tip problems with Revell's Aqua orange?

Thanks for bringing such a beauty to our attention.

Stands on top of my "list" for "best of 2022".

Regards.

Pat

• Thanks 1

On 7/10/2022 at 9:10 PM, franky boy said:

Great work Craig. 

You can’t beet a bit of NMF and orange. The Vallejo metallics look very good. 

James 

And that Aquacolor looks pretty good too :)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, PattheCat said:

Striking, Craig! The hot metal effects are superb and the NMF and dayglo as well.

You know I used the same paints for my Tunnan. Curious to know if, like me, you had (really annoying) dry tip problems with Revell's Aqua orange?

Thanks for bringing such a beauty to our attention.

Stands on top of my "list" for "best of 2022".

Regards.

Pat

Wow Pat, thank you very much mate.

The Aqua Colour can indeed dry quickly on the tip, when I use it I keep a damp cotton bud handy and as soon as I think the drying has started I use it to clean the tip, takes seconds and saves stopping spraying.

Not sure about it being on your "best of 2022" list though.

🇺🇦

• Like 1

1 hour ago, modelling minion said:

Not sure about it being on your "best of 2022" list though.

🇺🇦

And if I add IMHO to it, would you then accept the praise, mate?

Come on, someone doing a NMF and dayglo scheme can't possibly be that shy :coolio:

• Haha 1

That's unique I like it. Great paint job too very striking. An enjoyable kit to build you say? Good fit I take it? I'm between kits now and there's nothing in my stash that jumps out at me but this is inspiring.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Deano353 said:

That's unique I like it. Great paint job too very striking. An enjoyable kit to build you say? Good fit I take it? I'm between kits now and there's nothing in my stash that jumps out at me but this is inspiring.

Thank you very much.

Yes I found it to be a good fitting model, only needed a very small amount of filler on the underside of the nose, other than that it was very good.

1 hour ago, Alan P said:

Love this Craig, beautifully done with a realistic worn look.

Excellent work 👍

Thanks Alan I really appreciate that mate.👍

🇺🇦

• Like 2

9 hours ago, bianfuxia said:

A very fine build indeed - well done! I have to say I'm not sure I'd want to be sitting in that thing trying to keep up with a returning X-15...but it's a fantastic model! Well done! 

Thank you very much.

There is a slight discrepancy between the performance of the F-100 and X-15 isn't there!

🇺🇦

That is a very nice finish. You’ve nailed the weathering and the worn look.

I’ve built quite a few Trumpeter kits, some of which had horror stories about inaccuracies from some very picky reviewers. However, they all went together very well and looked close enough to the real things for me. At the end of the day it’s all about enjoying the build.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, SteveMc said:

That is a very nice finish. You’ve nailed the weathering and the worn look.

I’ve built quite a few Trumpeter kits, some of which had horror stories about inaccuracies from some very picky reviewers. However, they all went together very well and looked close enough to the real things for me. At the end of the day it’s all about enjoying the build.

Thanks very much, I really appreciate that.

I agree completely about Trumpeter (and other manufacturers kits) and I am sure there are problems with my F-100 but it looks like an F-100 to me and it was a pleasure to build, and like you say we're supposed to do this for fun and fun it was, in fact I've ordered one of their F-100C's to go with it.

🇺🇦

• Thanks 1

• 1 year later...

Do you have any images that you used for reference?  Over the years I've only found one photo of the Edwards F-100F and it was taken from a distance in formation with the B-52 and shows no detail.

• Like 1