Trumpeter 1/48 F-100F Super Sabre, X-15 test program, Edwards AFB 1959.

10 hours ago, Darth Vader said:

What a cracking build ,  the heat staining is very well done. 

Thanks, much appreciated.

10 hours ago, GrahamS said:

Yeah, like that a lot.

Very nice.

Graham

Thanks Graham, glad that you like her.

9 hours ago, stevej60 said:

Well first of all a stunning build Craig and that dayglo finish is on another level it really does look like an aircraft that's had a life in the sun.

Cheers Steve, thats the look I was going for so I am very glad that think I got it right mate.

8 hours ago, JeffreyK said:

Fantastic work! That's Revell aqua colour?? Wow, that's not half bad, is it?

This plane (chase 1) is definitely high on my own to-build list, as most things associated with the X-15 program are. We just need a decent F-100 kit...

Cheers,

J

Thanks Jeffrey, yes the aqua Color worked quite well, as did your decals for the ARDC and AFFTC, they were very nice to use.👍

41 minutes ago, eng said:

Wow! Thats beautiful, what a stunning paint scheme, very eye-catching and I love the heat staining on the rear fuselage too.

Eng

Thanks Eng, I am very glad you like the scheme.

28 minutes ago, franky boy said:

Great work Craig. 

You can’t beet a bit of NMF and orange. The Vallejo metallics look very good. 

James 

Cheers James, yes the combination of the dayglo and NMF proved too strong to ignore! I like Vallejo metallics as they are easy to use and clean up and give a good finish.

🇺🇦

• Like 2

9 hours ago, simonj said:

Love the metal work - in particular the 'blue-ing' in the fuselage

Thanks, the rear fuselage of a Hun is a very distinctive thing and I was worried about how it would turn out so its good to hear that you and others think its okay.

🇺🇦

Just seen this! Craig, that is absolutely fantastic! Love the dayglo with the blue heat staining. That Revell Aqua Colour goes on well if I remember, once I found out what it took to thin the stuff without it clogging the airbrush.

Excellent work.

Martin 

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Lightningboy2000 said:

Just seen this! Craig, that is absolutely fantastic! Love the dayglo with the blue heat staining. That Revell Aqua Colour goes on well if I remember, once I found out what it took to thin the stuff without it clogging the airbrush.

Excellent work.

Martin 

Thanks Martin, very kind of you to say so.

The Aqua Colour is great stuff but it certainly can be prone to clogging the tip of the airbrush at times.

🇺🇦

22 minutes ago, modelling minion said:

Thanks Martin, very kind of you to say so.

The Aqua Colour is great stuff but it certainly can be prone to clogging the tip of the airbrush at times.

🇺🇦

I did use something a bit stronger than the water based thinners. I'm sure I used self leveling thinners. Was a long time ago I last used it.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, modelling minion said:

Wow! Thank you very much.👍

🇺🇦

Please, please, just let us know the exact paint number you used for the dayglo orange. a picture of the jar or link to a site even better. I want to know for the day I try to do something similar.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Tomcat101 said:

Incredible.  The paint job and the heat marks are superb.  :)

Thank you very much.

6 hours ago, Marcello Rosa said:

a picture of the jar

Just for you Marcello here's a picture of the pot of paint, possibly the most boring picture I have ever taken.😁

spacer.png

As I say in my build thread I put down a coat of white first (just like the USAF did) followed by yellow so that I could vary the dayglo and get the weathered look.

2 hours ago, sohoppy said:

Wonderful job bringing to life an interesting subject.

Thanks, very much appreciated. There are some very interesting schemes from Edwards and other test facilities which turn run of the mill aircraft into more interesting subjects.

🇺🇦

2 hours ago, Covjets13 said:

Craig yet another superb model, looks even better in the plastic. 

Si 

Cheers Si, far too kind as usual mate.👍

1 hour ago, Binbrooksumpy said:

Beautifully finished, the faded dayglo is spot on, the heat stained rear fuselage is sublime. Absolutely stunning rendition of a gorgeous subject

🇺🇦🇺🇦

Thank you very much, that is very kind of you to say and very much appreciated.👍

🇺🇦