WB-57F NASA reference books etc

Vesa Jussila

Good evening fellow modelers,

I have Mach2 kit waiting to be built, but quality of kit is typical work from this manufacturer. All details need work. So can you point me to good reference materials in this topic? Books etc.

TIA

Vesa

9 hours ago, Vesa Jussila said:

Good evening fellow modelers,

I have Mach2 kit waiting to be built, but quality of kit is typical work from this manufacturer. All details need work. So can you point me to good reference materials in this topic? Books etc.

TIA

Vesa

Hi Vesa

You will find much, if not all you need in the relevant albums on my web site. I have a number of albums covering the RB/WB.57F. If there is anything you can't find let me know I have far more than I can put on the site. Just a note about the site, it can't be viewed on mobile devices only laptop or desk top computers. If this a problem let me know. IPMS UK Canberra SIG.

John

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Vesa Jussila said:

I need to look which exact plane I want build. I started to collect information just now. This kit have been waiting some time in stash.

Ok, as the kit comes you can only build the prototype, but it's only a matter of changing the seats from the Mechanics Inc. Seats in the kit to ESCPAC ones to represent a production F, unless you are planning on doing one of the 3 NASA F'as they are now, if so you will need ACES II seats and new wheels. 

John

30 minutes ago, Vesa Jussila said:

I am planning to build NASA bird, so your information is good. Also landing gear parts are really bad quality in kit so those need to replace.

So you will also need F.15E main wheels, ACES II seats. The cockpit was also up graded with a new glass cockpit. I think SAC did a white metal set for the Italeri B.57 it may be a good idea to look for that, as you said the kit legs are next to useless!

John

2 hours ago, Bedders said:

I really like the F but don't know a huge amount about them. I'll have a look at your website John. Did I read somewhere that the engines on the Mach 2 kit need replacing?

Justin

Hi Justin

I've not spotted any shape/size  issues with the TF.33's but as @Vesa Jussila says the quality or lack of the mouldings leaves a lot to be desired.

John

• Like 1