Aries FG1 cockpit help!

What the heck am I missing here?!  Hasegawa Phantom FG1 into which I'm TRYING to squeeze an Aires cockpit.  I've thinned the bottom of the resin tub AND the roof of the plastic nose gear bay as much as I dare & it STILL doesn't fit.  Yes, the kit comming comes off to accept a resin part & since I took the photos I have done it on the post side but the fit is still absolutely appalling!  As the kit is pretty rare I'm reluctant to cut the plastic about anymore so may cherry pick from the resin & use the kit tub - unless someone can sure me that it DOES fit & what I need to do!

C5746DC3-3695-4297-922E-DBD119ED15A5 6764D98E-B6D5-4695-AB4F-C326E58DC6BF 52726FDE-82EA-40A2-A158-3F357070D819

You see the small flat section at the rear of the opening in the kit parts, that has to go as well because it is represented at the rear of the Aeries part. Check pictures of the rear of the cockpit area to make sure first.

Gondor

Agree with the above replies. Check out my WiP as I’m dealing with an Aires FGR.2 cockpit now.  

I just glued the fuselage halves together a couple of hours ago  

Limited success but I've put it aside for today as it's driving me nuts!  Mark V, I looked at the genesis videos which had some useful info but I was secretly laughing my @rse off watching him trimming & sanding, sanding & trimming, knowing that he obviously hadn't considered the nose wheel bay!  Perhaps the Aires bay fits better with their cockpit than the kit part I'm using?  Both the roof of that & the cockpit floor are absolutely tissue thin. 

Well it's in!  Maybe some awkward filling around the front of the windscreen but I'm optimistic that most of the gap will be covered by the part!  I might pop a small piece of plasticard behind it before I join everything up so I can lob a bit of filler in there.  And it does sit straighter than the photo suggests!

735C7FD1-FFF4-4DFD-BF55-F3B0452267F9

Edited by Graham T
  • Like 2

I don’t mean to rub your rhubarb, but, referring to the front coaming: measure twice cut once!  Though cut twice , cut thrice  and file a lot…….I can’t give any more advice than what has been given so far, but I can show some support. 😉