"Fly me to the moon!"

The vital link for SHADO's Moon Base is the Lunar Module, ferrying equipment and personnel to and fro.

Launching from Earth aboard it's carrier vehicle, then separating  at the extreme atmosphere to make its way to Moon Base.

The kit is solid resin produced by Alfred Wong: http://www.alfredsmind.ca/shadolunarmodule.html

LUN1.jpg

LUN2.jpg

LUN3.jpg

LUN4.jpg

Along side the model from Konami 

LUN5.jpg

LUN6.jpg

Thanks for looking,

Angelo :)

• Like 32

Thanks everyone, glad you like it! :)

Seriously thinking of scratchbuilding the carrier to go with it! :shocked:

gerry-andersons-ufo-shado-lunar-carrier-

• Like 3

That's brilliant, great painting. It's a bit scary to remember something so well (the TV series) and then realise those memories are over 50 years old!

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

The full series of UFO is currently running each weeknight on Legend channel, if you want to catch some episodes. A bit of background: UFO is set in the year 1980, when apparently: office typewriters won't have display screens; smoking cigarettes and cigars is allowed at your office; no one in the UK will need to wear a seatbelt in a car, but will now drive on the right-hand side of the road (instead of the left). The wife of Commander Straker, one of the main characters, was annoyed that he spends away so much time away from home at his work: she suspected that actually he's having an affair - this causes anguish in their relationship.  [I never understood why Straker didn't just tell her the simple truth: that he is secretly a key part of Earth's armed force which is fighting alien invaders who come from outer space, and as a result he sometimes has to travel a great distance, to a base located on the Moon. Any trusting spouse would have to believe that.]

• Haha 3

On 7/14/2022 at 8:47 AM, HL-10 said:

Seriously thinking of scratchbuilding the carrier to go with it!

Bags I a seat at the front for that one!

The module looks great, nicely weathered. I could never figure out how the blunt nose works during re-entry though.

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...