The man from Del Monte dies.

RAF4EVER

Brian Jackson: Star of Man from Del Monte adverts dies aged 91.

The actor who starred in the catchy Man from Del Monte TV adverts of the 1980s has died at the age of 91.

Bolton-born Brian Jackson died at his home in London's West End after being treated for prostate cancer.

A statement from his family said the father-of-five's final moments were with his wife and youngest daughter.

Jackson played a suave white-suited businessman in a panama hat in the fruit juice commercials, which continued to run for some 20 years.

In them, he would be asked to approve fruit produce for the Del Monte company, to which he would reply: "The man from Del Monte, he say yes!"

He starred in 25 of the adverts, which were viewed around the world and saw his catchphrase becoming a familiar cultural reference around playgrounds, television shows and comedy acts.

• Sad 3

I don't think we ever got those out here, shame that, I like a decent ad & those look quite classy. The Grumman amphibian in this one.

& the chopper in this one, my kind of ad. RIP Brian from Del Monte.

• Like 1

Yet another moment to make  me feel old. When Dennis Waterman died recently it kind of  hit me. All the TV I  watched as a teenager and young  man involved actors now dead.

Time moves on of course and it seems  my time is fading.

RIP Brian Jackson.

• Like 2