1/48 & 1/72 - Kamov Ka-52 Alligator/"Hokum-B" 3D printed kit by Arma-Models - released

Homebee

20 minutes ago, Hook said:

Build it! 

I think, in fact, I am going to, haha!

Too much invested to let dust cover it. I just checked my stash and it turns out I have even more...

- Ka-52 Alligator conversion by Heli Resin

- Ka-52k Katran conversion by Heli Resin

- ACE external and internal PE as well as canopy mask set and detonation cord upgrade

- BlackDog resin engine and electronics bay

- Begemot decal sheet

All of this is worth like 100 Euros while the base Zvezda kit cost only 8 euro on sale...oh well.

24 minutes ago, Robertone139 said:

Are those Heli Resin sets still available on line?

The only 2 European eshops I ever saw stock them were Dukmodell.com from Germany and Airdesign-sk.eu from Slovakia - that is the shop where I got my sets from. I heard that Heli Resin work on demand and you can order directly from them via email... but their customer service is rumored to be poor (either that, or there is a language barrier, as they don't answer emails in english but probably communicate in russian).

They are based in Russia though, so ordering directly from them might be a problem these days, not to mention the moral problem some customers might have with it. Alternatively, one could try descending into the depths of Evilbay, but no guarantees there either- these sets seem to be a bit elusive.

Heli Resin is high quality from what I can tell, comparable to CMK, much better than HPJ for example. That is just my opinion. I can post some pictures of my sets next week, if there is interest.

Edited by drake122
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, ABeck said:

1/48 3D printed tail

more:

www.vk.com/armatamodels?z=photo-114983756_457381921%2Fwall-114983756_346785

J_etUVPlf24.jpg?size=810x1080&quality=95

Am I the only one who see the lines of the printing?

6 hours ago, Borisz said:

Am I the only one who see the lines of the printing?

I see very faint lines too but I can not tell if they are actually straight lines as this is a curved surface so not sure what this is.  But it might disappear under a coat of paint if it is even an issue.  Once released I would love to see a good review of this kit!!

• 5 weeks later...
On 7/18/2022 at 11:41 AM, ABeck said:

1/48 3D printed tail

more:

www.vk.com/armatamodels?z=photo-114983756_457381921%2Fwall-114983756_346785

So, the whole kit base for the (presumably) resin molds will be 3D-printed? If so, were there any estimates regarding the price for the 1/48 kit if it's going to be in resin?

It's rather interesting that 3D printing has reached a point where they can do positive rivets in 1/48, while the mainstream injection kits usually take the easier route by doing them as small holes or none at all even (like Zvezda with their Mi-24 kit).

Edited by Dudikoff

On 7/7/2022 at 2:22 PM, GTX said:

I would like but given Arma-Models are Russian and based in Moscow I would refrain from supporting unless there was some way of verifying that they are against the War in Ukraine.

So don´t buy anything of a country that they think that are the owners of the world from I would say "manifest destiny" onwards; I know I know that they think that are the defenders of freedom and democracy but 80% of the rest of the world, think not, absolutely.

On 18/08/2022 at 12:21, Dudikoff said:

So, the whole kit base for the (presumably) resin molds will be 3D-printed? If so, were there any estimates regarding the price for the 1/48 kit if it's going to be in resin?

It's rather interesting that 3D printing has reached a point where they can do positive rivets in 1/48, while the mainstream injection kits usually take the easier route by doing them as small holes or none at all even (like Zvezda with their Mi-24 kit).

I doubt that recessed rivets are the easier route. Early kits had panel lines and rivets raised - so they could simply recess them in the mould. Now everything recessed on a kit has to be raised in the mould which is harder to do. My understanding is that the recessed rivets take washes better and that recessed details in general became a bit of a fashion as it showed a modern tooling.

Resin prints have become very detailed so even home printers can do amazing details. I wonder about the efford taken to do all the 3D data and then takeing the rather slowly route of 3D printing. Wonder how many kits they intent to produce and how they calculated their costs... I may have overread it or simply misunderstood it - the whole kit will be printed?

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Caerbannog said:

Resin prints have become very detailed so even home printers can do amazing details. I wonder about the efford taken to do all the 3D data and then takeing the rather slowly route of 3D printing. Wonder how many kits they intent to produce and how they calculated their costs... I may have overread it or simply misunderstood it - the whole kit will be printed?

I presumed they will simply 3D print the master parts from which they'll create resin molds?

Edited by Dudikoff
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • Homebee changed the title to 1/48 - Kamov Ka-52 Alligator/"Hokum-B" by Arma-Models - 3D renders - release October 2022
3 hours ago, Bozothenutter said:

Might not, they may well fully print the kit.

I assume it would be possible to 3D print it fully assembled too, so we don't need to do all that filling and sanding.

I might actually like that!

• Haha 1

• Homebee changed the title to 1/48 - Kamov Ka-52 Alligator/"Hokum-B" by Arma-Models - 3D renders+test parts - release October 2022
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Homebee changed the title to 1/48 - Kamov Ka-52 Alligator/"Hokum-B" by Arma-Models - 3D renders+test parts - release in 2022
34 minutes ago, kotey said:

Some of Western modellers can get very upset about this model - decals will be with Z letters.

Best avoided TBH.  Is there any way an alternative and non-contentious set could be created for the rest of the world? :hmmm:

• Haha 2

As far as i know, decals will selling separately, also, there are no complete decal sheet,but two differents,stencils and national insignia. I think, it is no problem with it, those who builds soviet/russian subjects once, has spare red stars and numbers,of course.

The moderators are fed up with having to moderate this thread in light of all sorts of abusive and ignorant posts including anti Russian, anti Ukrainian and even bringing Nazis into the equation.

Fair warning any more and you will get a straight ban.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

This is an example of great craftmanship, combining resin and printed parts.

The Ka-50/52 family is likely to be around for some time, serving Russian and other air arms (Egypt). 

My stash contains a fair amount of Russian kits; both short runs made in resin by small producers (possibly one-man operations) and major producers like Zvezda.

Most purchased directly from Russia via eBay and arriving in Norway by post in a few weeks - an option which isn`t available at the moment.

I am looking forward to it becoming practically and morally acceptable for me to start the trade again. 

Maybe Arma-models by then has an English language version of their web page available, my Russian language skills are rather marginal.

It seems like Arma-models is adding some interesting extras to Zvezda kits besides their own products.

• Like 1

On 19/11/2022 at 14:11, Mike said:

Best avoided TBH.  Is there any way an alternative and non-contentious set could be created for the rest of the world? :hmmm:

As far as I can see there are two sets of decals available separately - "before" and "during" Ukraine. Also, and old Begemot decal set for Ka-50 has two Ka-52 options in there.

What I do wonder though if there is a market for this model here in Europe - topic is controversial (given the situation), Arma doesn't ship abroad and even if you managed to get hold of one the price is ranging from £60 for bare kit to £90 with extras like cockpit, weapons, decals etc.