1/72 - Mikoyan-Gurevich MiG-19 " Farmer" by by ClearProp Models - 3D render - in project

Homebee

The Mig Family will be almost complete (the Cold War production machines) as we now have an excellent kits : Mig-15 from Eduard, Mig-17 from Airfix, Mig 21 F-13 from Modelsvit, other Mig-21s from Eduard, Mig-23s and probably mig-27s coming from Clear Prop and ICM, Mig-25s from ICM and Mig-31s from Trumpeter.  Now, we are waiting a complete family of Sukhoi and Yakovlev in order to have a collection of accurate mainstream jet kits from Soviet Union !

Edited by Violet Club
error in the text
  • Like 3

21 minutes ago, Violet Club said:

And I believe that the radar nosed Mig-19 will also follow !  I hope to see also a brand new and accurate SU-15 Flagon in the years to come !

From what I can see, all the pictures shown so far show the MiG-19PM, i.e. the last variant with radar nose and guided AA missiles - without cannon armament.

So I would say it in the exactly opposite direction: I would like to hope that Clear Prop will also release the kit of the radarless MiG-19S.

Cheers

Michael

• Like 5

You're welcome...

I just bought a MiG-19 from another manufacturer which I had planned to super detail.  At least I hadn't finished it and had Clear Prop announce it.  I'm sure this will be THE MiG-19 kit.  Oh happy day!!!

11 hours ago, Violet Club said:

The Mig Family will be almost complete (the Cold War production machines) as we now have an excellent kits : Mig-15 from Eduard, Mig-17 from Airfix, Mig 21 F-13 from Modelsvit, other Mig-21s from Eduard, Mig-23s and probably mig-27s coming from Clear Prop and ICM, Mig-25s from ICM and Mig-31s from Trumpeter.  Now, we are waiting a complete family of Sukhoi and Yakovlev in order to have a collection of accurate mainstream jet kits from Soviet Union !

There is still gaps though... the Mig-17 from Airfix is rather inaccurate, Mig-21 family from Eduard is incomplete in 72nd scale (72nd revolution, hooray!) and the trumpeter Mig-31 is poorly researched, not to mention the mismolded clear parts... Further down the line no one even makes a Mig-35 in plastic...

Edited by drake122
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, KRK4m said:

So I would say it in the exactly opposite direction: I would like to hope that Clear Prop will also release the kit of the radarless MiG-19S.

This would please me greatly, I'm not really a fan of the radar nosed MiG-19s, the colour schemes are rather limiting compared to the MiG-19S/Shenyang F-6.

Good luck to CP though, I hope this MiG is a success so that they feel inclined to issue a MiG-19S.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, RidgeRunner said:

I’d like to think that the F-84F is on their list of projects :)

You and me both!

• Like 3

23 hours ago, KRK4m said:

From what I can see, all the pictures shown so far show the MiG-19PM, i.e. the last variant with radar nose and guided AA missiles - without cannon armament.

Cheers

Michael

Hi Michael, yes, you are absolutely right, the images show the MiG-19PM.  Follow our official Fb page in order to observe how the MiG-19 line will develop. Thank you.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, dimaADA said:

Hi Michael, yes, you are absolutely right, the images show the MiG-19PM.  Follow our official Fb page in order to observe how the MiG-19 line will develop. Thank you.

Hi Dima,

Unfortunately - I will not see it there, because I do not like/recognize/use Fb at all.

I will have to wait until you release your MiGs to the market or - if the wait is too long - I will use the Fb account of one of my grandchildren...

Cheers

Michael

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
21 minutes ago, dimaADA said:

Development in progress. As soon as there is news, we will immediately inform on Facebook

At least that'll give my wallet time to recover from the MiG-23 release :bounce:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2