1/72 - Mikoyan-Gurevich MiG-19 " Farmer" by by ClearProp Models - 3D render - in project

Homebee

Sweet! This is long overdue. I just hope it doesn't interfere with some of CP's already-announced future releases (Su-25?). I'm curious to see what, if anything, comes next with their I-16 series - @dimaADA? But a MiG-19 for the future is excellent!

John

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, old_tonto said:

Just out of curiosity, what is wrong with the Kovozávody Prostějov MiG-19 kit in 1/72? 

I have one in the stash ready to build.

One thing popped in my head is lack of any amarment. I have RV boxing which is the same plastic to KP.

42 minutes ago, old_tonto said:

Just out of curiosity, what is wrong with the Kovozávody Prostějov MiG-19 kit in 1/72? 

I have one in the stash ready to build.

I don't know that there's anything terminally wrong with it except that it has raised panel lines and it's several decades old. The CP kit will obviously be much more detailed and more cleanly molded - that's progress for you. Some may not care about that, and they'll be happy with the KP one. Others will want the latest and best - you pays your money and you makes your choice, or however it goes.

John

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, John Thompson said:

I don't know that there's anything terminally wrong with it except that it has raised panel lines and it's several decades old. The CP kit will obviously be much more detailed and more cleanly molded - that's progress for you. Some may not care about that, and they'll be happy with the KP one. Others will want the latest and best - you pays your money and you makes your choice, or however it goes.

John

KP redid the MiG-19S/F-6 in 2019 and it has recess panel lines.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

In fact, there is room for the (new, engraved) KP and ClearProp, because the Czechs only offer the -19S, and the Ukrainians are planning the -19PM (and perhaps -19P).

And ahead of the wing leading edge they are completely different planes - almost like the F-86A/E/F and the F-86D/K/L Sabres.

Cheers

Michael

• Like 5

Yes very good news, a CP Mig-19 will be easier to build and more detailed than the KP one I suppose.

I hope they will do also the biplace variant.

cheers

Just now, drake122 said:

'Wrong scale'? How dare you speak such treachery, Mr. Homebee!🤣

Hear, hear! As we all know, 1/72nd scale is the 'One, True Scale'!

Best Regards,

Jason (Mr. 1/72nd Scale)

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Teeradej said:

One thing popped in my head is lack of any amarment

KP's new MiG-19 have ORO-57 rocket pods, fuel tanks and Atolls. 

Cheers,

Andre

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Hook said:

KP's new MiG-19 have ORO-57 rocket pods, fuel tanks and Atolls. 

Cheers,

Andre

Oops, Sorry I confused with 1/72 MiG-23 thread. My brain…

• Like 1

Since the KP kit has the three NR-30 cannons, I will be buying that kit. However, as I said earlier, it's always nice to have another Mig-19!

Regards,

Jason

Edited by Learstang
Minor change.
  • Like 1