1/35 - Nakajima B5N2 Type 97 "Kate" by Border Model - released

Homebee

• Homebee changed the title to 1/35 - Nakajima B5N2 "Kate" by Border Model - 3D renders
  • Homebee changed the title to 1/35 - Nakajima B5N2 Type 97 "Kate" by Border Model - 3D renders

What a silly idea, if it was 1/32 scale they could sell as many as they want to as LSPers have been wanting one for years, me for one, but 1/35 no thank you.

Cheers

Dennis

• Like 1

Seems Border are pushing 1/35 scale with their aircraft,not sure why as 1/32 seems the norm, their Stuka doesn't seem to be flying off the shelves even though it's a great kit

3 hours ago, colin said:

not sure why

Border makes tanks in 1:35, so they're trying to expand this scale market by releasing aircraft in the same scale. Neat for tank dioramas. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Sturmovik said:

Border makes tanks in 1:35, so they're trying to expand this scale market by releasing aircraft in the same scale. Neat for tank dioramas. 

But not for sales I would say

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Sturmovik said:

Yes, I think that makes sense. But given the paucity of Japanese armour available (across all brands!), it seems an odd choice. Tamiya's Chi Ha is over 45 years old and still readily available!

So, this is for one of those Marines-capture-an-Island dioramas. 

I think it's a better scale for bigger fighter and attack types, and would especially suit the not-so-long-ago and modern fighter attack types. 

Interested to see where this all goes.

Tony

• Like 1

• 10 months later...
  • Homebee changed the title to 1/35 - Nakajima B5N2 Type 97 "Kate" by Border Model - 3D renders+sprues - release in 2023
  • 2 weeks later...

Can't say I'm bothered about the scale as I build anything as long as the subject is right and a Kate is very right! But crikey! An Akagi carrier bridge and flight deck as a base? Wow! That would be some display but surely huge. What a centre piece that would be.

• Like 1

• Homebee changed the title to 1/35 - Nakajima B5N2 Type 97 "Kate" by Border Model - 3D renders+sprues+test build - release in 2023
On 02/06/2023 at 16:41, Jagdtiger1 said:

So just to be clear, the bridge and flight deck is a SEPERATE kit from the Kate?

I've no real interest in the plane, but that bridge is big and beautiful!

As I understand it, it is a whole kit - bridge, deck section and Kate.

That’s how it’s announced, so to speak, in the latest issue of Phoenix Aviation Modelling.

While I suspect it will be a very high priced kit, t’s one that I could see my buying as a project for a whole year, perhaps some other 1/35th kits - if available, eg a Zero.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Homebee changed the title to 1/35 - Nakajima B5N2 Type 97 "Kate" by Border Model - 3D renders+sprues+test build+box art - release in October 2023
  • 2 weeks later...