Fly Models 1/32 Hurricane MkIId

G'Day All

Certainly not the easiest model, but Im glad she's now done and residing on my shelf!

I've always liked the Tankbuster Hurricane ever since seeing the ancient Monogram kit built to a high standard during my early teens.

The model was built pretty well out of the box, although I replaced the cannons with brass tubing. The fit wasn't tooooo bad, but you need to ensure that the casting block is completely removed from the resin wheelbay.  Even then there was still some sanding and filling required.

All markings were painted on using home made masks from a mate. Stencils were also painted using masks from 1 man Army.  Paints were by SMS

A fuller description of the build can be found by following the link in my signature block.

Roll on the forthcoming Revell Hurricane IIb!

Thanks for Looking 

Bruce

52199673938_b95880d610_b.jpg 52199929794_aef10092de_b.jpg reveal1- 52199929929_2956023dc7_b.jpg 52198658587_6453cebe94_b.jpg

• Like 55
  • Thanks 1

Looks great, know what you mean about the iid, think they look the business. I’m on with the hasegawa 1/48 kit now. I’ve spotted that this only has a landing light on the port wing, my kit has both- which is correct!???

• Like 1

Just now, GRK said:

Looks great, know what you mean about the iid, think they look the business. I’m on with the hasegawa 1/48 kit now.

Note, they just supply a C wing, you need to fill a couple of panels and adjust the underwing a bit, the Fly kit provides a new wing. 

see here 

https://flic.kr/p/Wc69cX

Just now, GRK said:

I’ve spotted that this only has a landing light on the port wing, my kit has both- which is correct!???

Varies.  They were supplied with light blanking plates.  Sometimes one, sometimes both.   May depend on what scheme.   

There are other apart from BP188...

https://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/235071194-hurricane-iid-6-squadron-leading-edge-wing-stripe-and-some-marking-observations/

Very neat work on the Fly kit Bruce,  :goodjob:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, Troy Smith said:

Very neat work on the Fly kit Bruce,  :goodjob:

Thanks Troy, although I’m not really happy with my exhaust stain, it doesn’t really follow the airfoil of the wing that well 

36 minutes ago, rodenlee said:

Another lovely job Bruce...you're a machine!!

Cheers

Shaun

Thanks Shaun 

3 hours ago, GRK said:

Looks great, know what you mean about the iid, think they look the business. I’m on with the hasegawa 1/48 kit now. I’ve spotted that this only has a landing light on the port wing, my kit has both- which is correct!???

Troy has you covered with his answer. If you’re doing JV o Z from the Hasegawa kit , yes, Port only light is correct 

Bruce 

Edited by pacificmustang
  • Thanks 1

Thanks @Troy Smith for the info and link-very useful with some pics i hadn't seen before :)

Thanks for confirming the light @pacificmustang, this was perfect timing as I was just about to get on with painting! Great model again, I'll be using this as a bit of reference for mine!

Graeme

• Thanks 1