CF.100 Canuck 410 Squadron Uplands Ontario 1957

Hello everyone … I present to you my first CF.100 Canuck airframe #18551 in the markings of 410 Squadron stationed at RCAF Station Uplands, Ontario circa 1957. This is a kit restoration of a previous build (not mine). I was able to finally secure a kit earlier this year and part of the deal was to restore this kit. Here is a link to the build thread if you're interested.

https://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/235104890-cf100-clunk-restoration/

My unbuilt kit has started in the Canadian Group build please visit and follow along if you would like. 

https://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/235111843-mk4b-cf100-all-weather-fighter/

8bw9EX4.jpg

xsSqnF5.jpg

yXTRpOi.jpg

2NCsL4I.jpg

hdqdbBn.jpg

NQozek1.jpg

3EHvZiY.jpg

Please feel free to ask question's, post comments or add thoughts. 

Dennis

Edited by Corsairfoxfouruncle
  • Like 49

Very good restoration job Dennis. The WIP was an interesting read, especially the way you achieved a shade difference to the aluminium finish by swirling as you applied paint from the airbrush. I will have to have a go at that some time. I rely on Tamiya powders and different shades of the base colour to try to make the metalwork a bit more realistic but the way you have done it is very effective.

Pete

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Chrisj2003 said:

Dennis, I have always seen the CF-100 as ugly, but that's very attractive how you have done it.

:goodjob:

Chris 

“Ugly.”? Pure heresy! She was the beauty amongst her peers. Meteor NF? Scorpion? F94? Skynight? No contest.😁

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Glad to see it over the finish line. Looks great. These rebuilds have a certain satisfaction of there own, especially when unbuilt kits start to attract silly money.   

• Like 1

4 hours ago, MACALAIN said:

A Belgian one next time 😄

Alain

There are decals set aside in the stash, just need a kit now. The one I've got in the Canada group build is the wrong model for a Belgian A.F. type. 

Edited by Corsairfoxfouruncle
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

There are decals set aside in the stash, just need a kit now. The one I've got in the Canada group build is the wrong model for a Belgian A.F. type. 

We receive some Mk V.

Alain

PS : If you  want, I can post a picture of mine.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, MACALAIN said:

We receive some Mk V.

Alain

PS : If you  want, I can post a picture of mine.

Yes please.. Id love to see other Canuck’s, yes the new kit I have is a Mk.4b if I can find another Mk.V it will be Belgian. 

8 hours ago, Bejay53 said:

Not being familiar with this aircraft…we’re the landing gear really that long?
Looks kind of spindly.

They're pretty tall, granted I had to scratch build these and may be a shade longer than actual. However if you look at the photo’s in these link’s. You can get an idea how tall by the length of ladder the crew used. 

https://commons.m.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Avro-Canada_CF100_Canuck_Mk.5_‘18534_-_534’_(34631036841).jpg

https://www.belgian-wings.be/avro-cf100-canuck/ax-01

1 hour ago, Mig88 said:

Lovely work and smashing result!

Miguel

Thank you

Amazing restoration Cousin !!

Really well done !!

This is more a matter rebuild and improvements !!

Congratulations Cousin !!

CC

• Thanks 1

On 07/07/2022 at 19:52, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Yes please.. Id love to see other Canuck’s, yes the new kit I have is a Mk.4b if I can find another Mk.V it will be Belgian. 

Here are pictures (more than 25 YO kit) of my Belgian CF 100 Canuck Mk V.spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

@MACALAIN thats a very good looking Canuck. That she still holds up this well after all this time shows the care you put into the build. 

5 hours ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

@MACALAIN thats a very good looking Canuck. That she still holds up this well after all this time shows the care you put into the build. 

Thank you, you are kind with me.

Alain