This started life as the old Testors/Hawk Swift "K4". The 541 was the pre-production Swift and there are quite a few differences between it and the early Swifts.

I had to shorten and re-shape the tip of the nose, move the cockpit back, move the intakes back, straighten out the plan view bulge and change the shape to be more like an Attacker, fill the gun ports, extend the jetpipe and re-shape the wing leading edges. Also I drew and printed my own decals. It's painted with Alclad Polished Aluminium.

7UrUM3v8_o.jpg
2I4fDsu7_o.jpg
0tw7B6f0_o.jpg
kGFlMiS6_o.jpg
3jaBvF69_o.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Steve

• Like 33
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, BritJet said:

I had to shorten and re-shape the tip of the nose, move the cockpit back, move the intakes back, straighten out the plan view bulge and change the shape to be more like an Attacker, fill the gun ports, extend the jetpipe and re-shape the wing leading edges. Also I  drew and printed my own decals. It's painted with Alclad Polished Aluminium.

Nice work Steve. It sounds so easy when you put it like that! I am struggling to make a 535 so I can appreciate your efforts

John

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Thanks, the list of changes is quite long but most were fairly simple. At least the Alclad behaved itself on this one....

Steve