ICM The Ghost of Kyiv - 1:72 Mig-29

I was attracted to this kit by the box more than anything else. I understand it's an older kit and have no idea what it's like, but I'm sure I'll find out soon enough. There aren't many parts on the sprues and what are there aren't numbered so I'll have to pay special attention to the instructions. Apparently, in buying it I'm doing my bit for the Ukrainian war effort.

spacer.png

• Like 5

I have bought this one as well, so I am looking forward to see one put together.  The digital camouflage decals will be interesting as to if they fit.  Yes it is good to buy a model kit that supports Ukraine. 😀

• Like 2

18 hours ago, TeaWeasel said:

Been looking for a build of this. Seen too many whingers online complaining that "it's all fictional", nice for the Ukrainians to see some support. 

There's often exaggeration in war stories so fictional or not, it's an inspiring story. And if it is made up, then for all the propaganda pumped out by the Ruskies I think this one beats them hands down. 

Right made a start. The cockpit itself is quite respectable for the scale but the decals for the instrument panel look like they are for another aircraft so I didn't even attempt to put them in. Instead I opted to do a paint job on it given that there was quite a bit of detail to pick around at. Not sure how much will be seen, but who cares.

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 4

Ooh lovely, I bought one of these the other week and have been trying to work out which paints to use since I didn't get the ICM paints.  Hopefully you'll get there before me 🙂

Al.

I don’t build I 1/72 any more, but I’ll eventually get one of these to support Ukraine also.

The IP does look a little ‘fictional’ compared to the 1/48 Aires cockpit set, but in this scale and if you close the canopy, who cares.

Looking forward to more.

John. 🇺🇦

There is an ICM paint set which seems like quite a bargain, only £4.95 over in Hannants.

Propaganda can be a weapon too, the ‘Ghost’ encouraged the Ukrainian airforce, and was more of a mix of a number of pilots activity than a complete work of fiction.  

Oh and afaik 50 % of the profit goes to the Ukrainian army.

Edited by Marklo

7 minutes ago, Marklo said:

There is an ICM paint set which seems like quite a bargain, only £4.95 over in Hannants.

Propaganda can be a weapon too, the ‘Ghost’ encouraged the Ukrainian airforce, and was more of a mix of a number of pilots activity than a complete work of fiction.  

Oh and afaik 50 % of the profit goes to the Ukrainian army.

You only need two of the paints in that paint set of you use the camo decals, I think. Although, 4.95 is still a good price even if I only use two of them. Probably wouldn't get two tins of Mr Color or Tamiya for that price..

Al

• 3 months later...

I bought one at the Hinkley show a couple of weeks ago, interesting to see I'm in in very good company.

I'm looking forward to seeing this and other builds progress as I learn so.much from other's experience.