1/35 RFM Challenger II

Evening all,

So after over fifty years of modelling, here’s my first tank (or armour of any kind) finished.

It the RFM 1/35 kit build straight from the box. Please don’t flame me on “getting it wrong” as I know nothing about the subject. I did however really enjoy build time apart from all the wheels….may be a Tiger 1 or Kingtiger next😉

Anyway I hope you enjoy this novice’s work, and constructive criticism is always welcome

l4pNpYm.jpg

jeMHeAk.jpg

TPeRcvz.jpg

p34SC0z.jpg

VDJ5jzg.jpg

bmetzzP.jpg

Thanks for stopping by and looking.

cheers Si 

• Like 47

And he nails it on the first attempt. You may not have any experience with armour, but your modelling skill transfers really well. Looking forward to seeing more.

Beautiful build, the weathering effects in the painting stage really took the quality up from the monotonous look of chally 2s you can sometimes see.

I've got this particular kit in the stash and the sheer number of parts of the tracks is.... yeah...

Can't wait to see your next grounded thing.

James.

This is a great build! Really well done.

but what elevates it as a vignette for me are the wonky posts, just so realistic!

I don't think you've anything to fear from armour!!

Thank you all for your kind words and encouragement. I’m not sure what’s next, but as my Pops was a rec-I-mech we were stationed at Hobart Barracks and his fave toy was the Cent ARV….but no idea reference material as I’ve trawled the internet for years with no success 😔

Anyway thanks all…

Si  

• Like 1