RFM StuG III ausf. G early with full interior. "Ukraine 1943"

Here she is, my finished StuG III Ausf. G. with full interior.

If you want you can check out the buildlog. ( i don't know how to add the link 🤣 )

I'm very proud of her. I spent alot of time building, painting, correcting mistakes, learning, researching, weathering etc.

Anyhow, here are the pics. Enjoy and feedback is more than welcome. 

20220705_220457 20220705_215935 20220705_220133 20220705_220251 20220705_215911 20220705_220320 20220705_220414 20220705_215935

• Like 25

This fulfils all the promise of the WIP - it was plainly going to turn out to be a great build. It has come together very well! 👏👏👏

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Yg Models said:

nice build,

not show the interior?

Uhm...... well... i kinda glued the tarp to the glacierplate so i can't remove the topside 🤪

I realized my mistake when i was making the photo's.

Today i will try to carefully cut it loose so i can take the top off.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Hi Madoxx77,

A great result, a lot of attention to detail, with great dedication to the model. I hope it can be "opened" to see how it finally turned out inside. A comment, not a criticism, with a constructive spirit... I don't know if it will be the photos (which can be very annoying when taking them, since matching the tone of the model is not easy), that they look a bit dark (at least for my monitor), or that the model it really looks like this, kind of dark looking. Not a bad thing per se, but much of the pre-weathering work can be lost... In my models, I try that when I finish the modulation, it looks clearer than I would like, well, for sure, if we are going to do several processes later (washing, chipping, etc...), to end up with a weathering something intense, in the end, everything will take on a dark aspect, which even hides details that were there before, or are difficult to appreciate.... I remember that at the beginning of my return, a veteran told me that, it also seems that the eye prefers warm colors to cold ones... or something similar, basically, that it tried not to darken the model unnecessarily. On the other hand, I like it very much, and the interior must look great. Besides, I have seen in the WIP, that you have made a great model too, the MX-77 BBQ Station at 1/1....what a great job, 😱I want my brother to see it, he loves tools and DIY I don't have room for one of these though...😅

Until the next model,

Cheers and TC

Francis.👍

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Rob Maynard said:

Great work! Looks the part for sure, any chance of some images of the interior?

Tnx for your comment. As metioned before i made a mistake with the tarp. I glued the front to the glacierplate of the main gun. When i was taking the photo's i realized that was stupid since i left the topside of the fighting compartment free of glue so i could open it up......

I will try to carefully cut the small bit that is glued to the front. Haven't had the time to do that right now. When succesfull i will post pictures here.

1 hour ago, FrancisGL said:

Hi Madoxx77,

A great result, a lot of attention to detail, with great dedication to the model. I hope it can be "opened" to see how it finally turned out inside. A comment, not a criticism, with a constructive spirit... I don't know if it will be the photos (which can be very annoying when taking them, since matching the tone of the model is not easy), that they look a bit dark (at least for my monitor), or that the model it really looks like this, kind of dark looking. Not a bad thing per se, but much of the pre-weathering work can be lost... In my models, I try that when I finish the modulation, it looks clearer than I would like, well, for sure, if we are going to do several processes later (washing, chipping, etc...), to end up with a weathering something intense, in the end, everything will take on a dark aspect, which even hides details that were there before, or are difficult to appreciate.... I remember that at the beginning of my return, a veteran told me that, it also seems that the eye prefers warm colors to cold ones... or something similar, basically, that it tried not to darken the model unnecessarily. On the other hand, I like it very much, and the interior must look great. Besides, I have seen in the WIP, that you have made a great model too, the MX-77 BBQ Station at 1/1....what a great job, 😱I want my brother to see it, he loves tools and DIY I don't have room for one of these though...😅

Until the next model,

Cheers and TC

Francis.👍

Tnx for your insightfull comments.

It's part photo, part wash. 

Since i based the final look on refference photo's where the Stug was looking wet and muddy i tried to replicate that in the model with a dark umber oil filter. I tried expirimenting with the light color while taking the photo's, i'm very new to that and i don't have the right equipment ( yet ) 

Still you are right about the darkness on the photo's so in my next build i have to take that in to consideration while applying filters.

That looks how "real" AFVs looked. They were dirty, grimy and covered in c**p. You've nailed it.

The tarp laid across the upper parts just kinda sets it off for me. I like things that catch the eye and add a bit of something to a build.

Regards

Pete

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...