KPAAF MiG-23 in 2022

Luke1199

Hi all, I'm planning on building Trumpeter's 1/48 MiG-23ML in a KPAAF scheme soon but specifically as one of the aircraft seen earlier in the year during the parade in celebration of the 90th anniversary of the founding of it's military. Unfortunately the MiG-29's were the star of the show and there's only a few shots of the Flogger. I did manage a screencap though...

Screenshot_20220705-135529_YouTube

I noticed the positioning of the aerobatic team decal under the cockpit has pushed the guards insignia(?) back to the intake, and that has pushed the aircraft number to the rear of the fuselage. Would this mean there are no KPAAF roundels on the aircraft at all? As far as I know there are only roundels on the fuselage, not on the wings or tail, as seen below...

51282441206_91d02b2061_b

As hard as I've tried I can only get pictures of the right-hand side of the two Floggers which took part (aircraft's 45 and 22 I believe), but I doubt the aircraft would fly with asymmetrical markings. Super Hobby sell 1/48 scale marking's for KPAAF aircraft which contain everything I'd need, it would just feel a little odd to have no roundels on it. Any ideas? 

• 3 weeks later...