Miles M9 Master III

Fresh off the production line the 2nd aircraft build for a Miles Aircraft fan friend (has a couple of us making aircraft for him).

This is the Eastern Express 1/72 Miles Master III. Kit goes together quite well, has 2 sets of decals 9(Irish and RAF) unfortunatly no placement instructions for either and the RAF serial number comes back to a Wellington Mk2 bomber shot down over Belgium. Rather interesting bit of info even if not for this aircraft. (Link for anybody interested W5586 history)

So some research I decided on W8565 which was actually a Master III although no record I could find exists what happened to it.

Other adjustments to the kit for my own OCD sanity included a rear cockpit bulkhead, Floor section, adjustment of the wheel to include a hub, Instrument panel. I thought about a cockpit partition but decided I probably couldnt make it look correct.

Painted in the standard Humbrol enamels by brush.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 25

Very nice. Brought back memories. Built this from a 1/72 FROG kit sometime back around 1967. Haven't seen it kitted in the years since since.

• Like 1

On 7/5/2022 at 11:19 PM, Bigglesof266 said:

Very nice. Brought back memories. Built this from a 1/72 FROG kit sometime back around 1967. Haven't seen it kitted in the years since since.

On 7/5/2022 at 9:49 PM, stevehnz said:

Nicely done on that, must dig my one out one day, nice to know it goes together well.

Steve. 

On 7/5/2022 at 6:53 PM, Pete Robin said:

Lovely work.

Regards

Pete

Thank you all. Its a kit id never seen till my friend asked me to build it for his Miles aircraft line up.

• Like 1