AZ Model De Havilland DH103F Hornet Mk.3, 19 Sq., 1950...

OK!  Back at it!  Some more from 19 Sq. and a relatively new kit from AZ Model.  First blush looks alright.  I'll get into it later this week.

Pretty box art...

52192488612_6bc6e193f4_c_d.jpg

Clean looking plastic parts and decals...

52193986790_7de5aa8ce0_k_d.jpg

And a simple profile to manage...

52193495956_330e20b5fc_c_d.jpg

--John

• Like 3

I will definitely be interested to see how this comes together John. I once built AZ model's Tunnan and was dismayed by it (I think mostly when compared with the price)

Hope this one is a bit more gentle on you! 

13 minutes ago, arfa1983 said:

Hope this one is a bit more gentle on you! 

Thanks area...I have built many AZ Model kits and while some have been a challenge I have yet to bin one (I think...).  I am familiar with their engineering idiosyncrasies.  

I have solid hopes for this one.

• Like 1

I believe the GB is for the specific set of US century series as listed in the rules.

Anyhow, looking forward to this build. I was going to do a parallel build with the Special Hobby version and this tool at some point, so keen to see how it turns out. Plus always like to see a hornet!

I like the looks of this kit.  Might have a sniff at one point.

There is also a set of markings for a 19(F) Sqn Hornet on the Xtradecal X72124 History of 19Sqn RAF Decal sheet.

I note you have the Blue and Cheque Fighter Bar for the Sqn on your Sig Block, whats the story there ?

19 minutes ago, PLC1966 said:

I note you have the Blue and Cheque Fighter Bar for the Sqn on your Sig Block, whats the story there ?

I am trying my best to build all of the 19 Sq. aircraft from the beginning to the end.    It all began with the Hawk STGB a while ago.  I built the commemorative aircraft for the GB.  Then I decided to do the whole history, or as much as I can.  I'm enjoying it.  If you search for '19 Squadron' here on the forum you'll see my builds.  Sometimes they are piggybacked with other GB but since it is a Personal Project it doesn't cross the line.  I have quite a few Spitfires left to go, some other post-WW2 Cold War aircraft...I am looking forward to the Farman Shorthorn, which was the first aircraft they flew in France in 1915.  No distinctive markings, however.  I will be including a 19 Sq. Meteor in the upcoming STGB.  That's the story.  No personal connection if that's what you were thinking.  

1 hour ago, modelling minion said:

Oops! Never mind John, mistakes happen.

Yep!  Thanks Craig.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, John Masters said:

Pardon @AntPhillips?  It’s a 103.  Isn’t that the criterion?

Hi John,

No offence intended in my original post.

The Hornet is a great subject, just not a Century Series, look forward to seeing your build in another thread 👍

Happy modelling

Ant

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, AntPhillips said:

No offence intended in my original post

And none taken! 🙂 My error.  I’ll build it but not in a WiP thread.  I’ll post it when it’s done.  

11 hours ago, John Masters said:

I am trying my best to build all of the 19 Sq. aircraft from the beginning to the end.    It all began with the Hawk STGB a while ago.  I built the commemorative aircraft for the GB.  Then I decided to do the whole history, or as much as I can.  I'm enjoying it.  If you search for '19 Squadron' here on the forum you'll see my builds.  Sometimes they are piggybacked with other GB but since it is a Personal Project it doesn't cross the line.  I have quite a few Spitfires left to go, some other post-WW2 Cold War aircraft...I am looking forward to the Farman Shorthorn, which was the first aircraft they flew in France in 1915.  No distinctive markings, however.  I will be including a 19 Sq. Meteor in the upcoming STGB.  That's the story.  No personal connection if that's what you were thinking.  

Yep!  Thanks Craig.

Hi John,

Just interested, but as good a reason as any though.  Enjoy the project.