F-111F Hasegawa 1/72eme Libyan Raider

Good Morning - Afternoon - evening -night (your choice) All!

Coming back to the forum with a classic build: the superb Hasegawa Aardvark, with its USAFE livery. This kit is OK from a shape and size perspective and despite its age, it is "on top". Building the kit was not too difficult, I just added some wiring and piping inside the wheel wells, some PE for the cockpit (Verlinden), wings slats and spoilers, glue the wings in the forward position and an home made vacform canopy. As Hasegawa didn't spend too much time in the wings cavity, it needs to be detailed by adding a kind of simulated rubber joint. To put my personal touch, I opened the AAR receptacle. The jet exhaust are very disappointing, all the inner details are to be added. Camouflage is a standard SEA, not too weathered as these birds from Lakenheath were in a pretty neat condition. I chose the 48th TFW boss bird, loaded with the "right things" under the wings for the raid. Decals were atrocious to apply, I mixed both the Microscale and Hasegawa sheet, the first going into very little pieces when watered, the second being too thick. 

Here are the photos:

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Thank you for watching, enjoy!

• Like 73

I love the look of the "Aardvark" - still one of the best-looking bombers of all time. You have made a great-looking representation, here. 

Thanks for sharing with us. 

Chris.  

• Thanks 1

Superb F-111 you’ve certainly done great job with this kit. Hasegawa decals are the Bain of my modelling life at the moment once the water gets to them then it’s decal soup with no chance of recovery. I can remember seeing this exact aircraft at RAF Leuchars many many moons ago 

• Thanks 1