M4A3E8 Sherman - "This will cheer you up!"

This was my entry into the recently finished M3/M4 Group build, which I enjoyed and as always have learnt a bit more. Managed to finish the Sherman and the figures in time, but not the base. Anyway, I have finished the base now, nothing special just a Lidl chopping board, Tamiya “stone paving” and some static grass and lawn moss.

"This will cheer you up!" is referring to the Commander offering the grumpy Gunner a glug of wine.

0vmRXhO.jpg

u0nHhcR.jpg

48YBorl.jpg

hIR7UT5.jpg

Fj7zDPK.jpg

Thanks for looking,

George

• Like 39
  • Thanks 1

Well George the gunner doesn't look to interested so pass it over here......might be red wine, some gunners get headaches from red wine :P ...Lovely job on the model mate looks fabulous.

On 7/3/2022 at 8:59 PM, M3talpig said:

Well George the gunner doesn't look to interested so pass it over here......might be red wine, some gunners get headaches from red wine :P ...Lovely job on the model mate looks fabulous.

Thanks Steve. Red wine also gives me a headache, although i was never a gunner 😆

George

• Haha 1

Thanks @Stef N. @noelh @Latakia @Steben @Bullbasket @StuartH for your kind words.

This is my 15th build since returning to the hobby and I think this is my best to date, although there are bits i am not happy with (as always). Think i need to get a bit braver in some areas for sure, PE and mud (heavy weathering) spring to mind for starters. Also face painting of figures is still a dark art to me.

George

• Like 2

Hi George,

A nice Sherman, very well finished, and with abundant stowage, very well fastened, and a couple of figures, well executed, together with its base, simple but that enriches the presentation of the model. I think that inevitably, we all have some facet of modeling that does not satisfy us, because we have not practiced enough, or because that innate ability is not there... My desire is the figures, but I can't get them to look at least like my models....

Cheers and TC

Francis.👍

This is such a great build. Everything on the model is spot on! The paintjob, subtle weathering, the contrast on the front with the boxes brings interest to the vehicle, the figures look completly in place.... all in all a superb model!!!

20 hours ago, FrancisGL said:

we all have some facet of modeling that does not satisfy us, because we have not practiced enough, or because that innate ability is not there

Very true Francis. I wonder it the top modellers on here or even the likes of "Nightshift" think when they finish a model they could have done it better? I guess also as we get older things like eye sight and patience come into it also.

11 hours ago, Pete Robin said:

The figures really set it off. The poses are very lifelike and I can't see anything wrong with them.

Thanks Pete, just don't zoom in too much!

11 minutes ago, Maddoxx77 said:

the contrast on the front with the boxes brings interest to the vehicle

Thanks Maddox, I think you can definately have too much green, so a little colour helps.

George

That's a perfect example of the "less is more" for me. If it was mine, I would ruin it with mud and dirt effects. Your weathering is perfectly enough. I don't know the gunner's reaction but your model definitely cheered me up.

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Nenad Ilijic said:

I really like the subtle weathering.

Thanks Nenad, I actually want to get away from "subtle" weathering in the future. Want to do something really muddy if i get brave.

George