Swedish MTB T14

This is the Swedish MTB T14 (ex Italian MAS 524) in 1/72, finished as she appeared around 1941-42 in plain grey with white neutrality stripes based mainly on the Swedish east coast.

The kit is resin by Choroszy Modelbud. Not a bad kit at all, but more ambitious and complex than the impression of the parts first give, so it's a lot of work. Also the same set of parts is used for several versions of the Baglietto MAS boats, so it's not entirely correct in all aspects. I fixed some of that but not all.

There is a lot of interior detail (all included in the kit) under the deck, but not much of that is visible, even with hatches left open. The deck planking is made from a decal I created using some floor board illustration as the base. Being placed as she is on two brass poles I left all weathering out. A WIP-tread can be found here.

Over to some pictures:

T200.jpg

T201.jpg

T202.jpg

T203.jpg

T204.jpg

T205.jpg

T206.jpg

T207.jpg

T208.jpg

A little can still be seen of the engine room and bridge, but not very much:

T209.jpg

T210.jpg

T211.jpg

And some rather unforgiving close ups:

T212.jpg

T213.jpg

T214.jpg

T215.jpg

• Like 31
  • Thanks 3

8 hours ago, mark.au said:

Very nice indeed.  I love the decking, would never have guessed it’s a decal, it looks extremely convincing.

Thanks a lot!

I was unsure how the decal method would work first, but I'm still happy with it a little time later.

• Like 1