MC.200 "Saetta" 1:48 Italeri

Hello! I know I haven’t been in the forum for a long time, but that’s how it is with me. We started a little weekend project yesterday. My wife is happy because another box is disappearing on my closet. “Saetta” straight out of the box and without additives. Only these masks I make myself for the glazing. So far, only the contents of the box. It’s a pity there aren’t any extras.

KLfLwoQ.jpg

The studio isn’t finished yet, so the photos are completely finished.

qIP3pxw.jpg

2Pw0434.jpg

9d6F6cX.jpg

iNqnevc.jpg

The glazing is beautiful and transparent.

GooDbsc.jpg

Painting is also chosen.

ZWghMxg.jpg

• Like 4

Yesterday it was possible to put together the interior of the cabin and the model. As I wrote, I did the glazing of the cabin myself with TAMIYA tape.

2HDKCBw.jpg

O8dYkpM.jpg

6pEG7SQ.jpg

• Like 6

This time I approached the camouflage a little differently, first it went yellow and after masking it grey on the underside. Then mask and green at the top and the sides went. Of course, the colors that correspond to the Italian camouflage of the Bilmodels palette.

BB9siTF.jpg

ZoNrCHX.jpg

VXD21bu.jpg

• Like 4

Looks very nice. I was fortunate enough to get a chance to photograph the Saetta on display at the Nat'l Museum of the USAF in Dayton and was inspired to create an art piece based on that aircraft.

I'm looking forward to seeing how your model turns out as you clearly are making serious progress quickly. Keep up the nice work!

• Like 1

I'm following your build with interest, all things Regia Aeronautica fascinate me, almost more than any other WW2 subject. You have progressed very rapidly, it seems that the fit is quite good. I have the Pavla resin cockpit for this kit, I hope it will not cause any issues, in theory it shouldn't, if it is a direct replacement for the cockpit tub.

What Bilmodel paints are you using, is that yellow #307 giallo cromo? I recently used Vallejo 71.135 IJA chrome in my SM.79 and just ordered MPR's lemon yellow (pre ww2 USN), both should be fs 33655, which is said to be close to the colour used by RA. And if you don't mind, what # is the green and the yellow fried egg base?

I'm interested in these Bilmodel paints, unfortunately they are not widely available, Martola seems to have them. Do you thin them with gunze MLT? 

I'm really hoping for some new Regia Aeronautica kits from mainstream manufacturers. Points for ICM for releasing their CR.42, but other than that there's nothing truly modern. Of course the Fly, RS Models, Sword etc are decent kits, but not always so enjoyable builds. I just ordered an AZ Model CR.32, and I'm a bit fearful it's ultimately gonna end up in the thrash bin.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

I also like the Regia Aeronautica planes a lot, especially their camouflage. The most beautiful ones are those with the lira on their wings, because those with the bow no longer have that charm.

I don’t know how Pavel’s cockpit fits, so I make “Saette” as a model right out of the box. I’d do a lot more to him if there were Eduard records for it.

From Bilmodel I used #296 giallo mimetrico, it fits better than #307.

I have a full studio of models, some not in different stadiums, and I’m renovating the whole house. My wife wants me to clean this up, and I’m gonna pull out some models and load it into the garage until I get it done. In the past, when I got stuck with a problem, I’d pack the box and put it back in the closet, now I’m doing it all the way until it’s finished in the cabinet.

Still is Special Hobby and also has a very interesting list of models with Regia Aeronautica and come at 1:72 and 1:48, also at 1:32. I have a Fiat G. 50 at 1:32 and many others. By the way, Yahu Models also has interesting additions to the models, and it’s not just the instrument panels.

Now it's time for the engine along with the cowl, still clean. Once it has been valorized and nailed down, it will be mounted and one side cowl will be loose. So that something will be visible from the side.

Gg5ybVO.jpg

• Like 5

Work continues to move forward. I used kit decals, despite their years it laid out very nicely. They went into the recesses perfectly. Dirt came out somehow, too.  

LBOqNwT.jpg

qUeQnBI.jpg

• Like 6

• 1 month later...